Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / ExploSoft Model and Media Pack Installer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 1st Jan 2012 22:47 Edited at: 28th Jan 2014 18:09
ExploSoft Model and Media Pack Installer (EMPI) is a simple tool for media developers to distribute their models and media to FPS Creator users. Being specifically written to work with FPSC, and walking the end user through the installation process, EMPI will cut down on confusion and support issues caused by standard zipped folder distributions used today. Put simply, EMPI provides a structured, familiar, and simple install process for FPSC media users and distributors.

All Downloads are now HERE

To keep this as small (less than 1/4 MB) simple and straight forward as possible, customization is minimal. A sample EULA is included in the package. Please read the included Readme for developer/distributor instructions. This is very simple to use.

As always, I appreciate any input and let me know of any issues.

Download is attached.

Brian.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2012 23:56
Thanks xplosys, this could come in handy!

I reject your reality and substitute my own...
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2012 00:12
Great work on this Brian. Cathy wants to use it on a regular basis for her model packs now, which will make the installation easy for the new people.

Thank you for your hard work and continual efforts to create applets we can use on a daily basis in our developments.

Twitter: @NFoxMedia
raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2012 03:43
This is great man! We have all been needing this for a long time now and you really came through! Thanks!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2012 15:36
BlackFox has already tested this for me... much appreciation for that. If others try it out I'd also appreciate feedback. I hope you find it useful and if it can be improved - while keeping it simple - let me know.

Brian.

!retupmoc eht ni deppart m'I !pleH

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2012 08:02
Nice work!

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2012 11:36
nice thing, xplo. am i right that it creates a folderpath-zip where you can simply upload your media and at the enduser it unpacks directly into the right folders in fpsc-structure?

usefull, very usefull.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2012 14:02
Thanks guys.

Quote: "am i right that it creates a folderpath-zip"

Once you put your media in the installer, you should zip or rar it up for distribution, but it does not create an archive for you. It does walk the end user through the install process to make getting the media into the proper folders quick and simple.

Brian.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 3rd Jan 2012 20:48
Nice!

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2012 22:33 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2012 22:34
Quote: "Once you put your media in the installer, you should zip or rar it up for distribution, but it does not create an archive for you. It does walk the end user through the install process to make getting the media into the proper folders quick and simple."

Just to expand what Xplosys said here for those not following:

Steps:

1. Extract EMPI to a folder
2. Inside the EMPI archive is a folder called "Explosoft Media Installer Wizard". Inside that folder is a folder called "Files".
3. Place your media in the "Files" folder following the FPSC structure. So you might end up with a folder structure like this:

Explosoft Media Installer Wizard\Files\Entitybank\MyPack
Explosoft Media Installer Wizard\Files\segments\MyPack
Explosoft Media Installer Wizard\Files\Texturebank\MyPack

4. Navigate back to the Explosoft Media Installer Wizard folder. Edit the EULA.txt and install.txt to your needs.
5. Archive up the Explosoft Media Installer Wizard (WinZIP, WinRAR, etc). This archive will contain the EULA, install.txt files, the install.exe file, and the Files folder with your media.

When the end user gets the archive, they just need to extract and run the install.exe. Pretty easy.

Twitter: @NFoxMedia
zohahunt77
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 04:53
HI, thanks for sharing this information with us here. I would like to know about various tools available to create media directory. I am using Mac OS and I think this media application won’t run in my OS. Do you have any suggestion of downloading this software in Linux if available for same.

http://www.ukmediadistribution.com/
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 20:19
This software was written specifically for FPS Creator, so any OS other than Windows is out of the question. As for similar programs written for Mac and Linux, I don't know of any ATM, though I'm sure there must be some.

Brian.

JRH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 20:30
I'd half thought about making this sort of things a while ago. This is really cool, and extremely useful.

Cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:22:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:22:59