Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / Tier 1 - IAP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just wondering how long until we get IAP support for tier 1. If not, whatabout plugin-support for tier 1?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
i don't think tgc have any plugin standard in mind for AppGameKit for a long time to come
sparkart
Years of Service
User Offline
Probably because you get enough from Tier 2. I don't mind developing in C++ (which is what I am more comfortable coding in) but there are some drawbacks.

My main concern is portability. Broadcasting is pretty neat, although it does take some time to get broadcasted (i.e. would probably have been faster to get on the device if you just compiled it).

Maybe if a few of us donated some money to the dev team so that the dev team would consider implementing it sooner.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Most of the "problems" and stumbling blocks I read on the forums are related to T1. I'm glad I decided to start on T2 straight away, it was very worth it in the long run.
sparkart
Years of Service
User Offline
I found a work around that would allow me to use IAP with Tier 1. Should work for anything else as well.
Cor
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2012 19:02
I agree IAP with Tier 1 would be great to have
sparkart
Years of Service
User Offline
If you know how to work in tier 2 what you can do is write your own functions in the interpreter source and invoke them via BASIC by polling the properties of AppGameKit objects( e.g. sprites and text ) within Tier 2.

If you really need to develop in tier 1 like myself, that's the current work around. In the meantime, this is a really great alternative until they either implement tier 1 plugins or implement the specific feature you require.
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2012 18:04
You found a work-around, but you're not posting it, or a link to it?
sparkart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2012 02:44 Edited at: 10th Jan 2012 02:46
I just did. Basically, you poll the properties of the AppGameKit objects and invoke your Tier 2 code based on the property.

Quick example for:

Now in basic when you want to purchase that app you just change that exact sprite visibility to true. Make sure that the sprite ID that you use in tier 1 and tier 2 is the same ID.

It would be nice if there was GetTextString(), that way you can just use strings with delimeters and determine what the function you want to call based on the very first substring before the delimiter:

I've read somewhere that GetTextString() was added to build 107 but it would be nice if a small patch was added to include this one command which would make this work around a lot better.
Cor
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2012 23:23
Thanks for posting your work around. I will take a look at it more in depth when I need to add in-app purchases. I cant wait for the tier 1 advertisement commands but I really feel that IAP is the most important way to monetize an app in today's world.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 09:05:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 09:05:12