Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Custom Text Font Woes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2012 16:11
Here me out. I know how to create a custom text font and load it in AppGameKit, but the output in AppGameKit always looks different than I think it should be.

Basically, I have a mock-up GUI in Photoshop that I use as a reference, and try to replicate it in AGK. But I cannot understand how text sizing works with AGK.

For instance, I create a mockup in Photoshop Elements, and the text size of my characters are 12. I generate a font file with Bitmap Font Creator, with the size of 12. I load it into AppGameKit, and display text, and it looks nothing like it should.

So, how does the text sizing work in AppGameKit? Anyone else have this problem, and any solutions for fixing it? If it helps, the fonts I'm trying to use have a variable-width but should have a character height of 16px....

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I had the same problem, and it took me quite some time to crack.

Look at the font sub image .TXT file. The last number of each line is the default font size!

32:0:420:25:72
33:13:0:22:72
34:35:0:22:72

In this case the default font size is 72.
anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2012 10:07
That's incorrect.
The file is split up by...

CharCode:SourceBoxX:SourceBoxY:SourceBoxWidth:SourceBoxHeight

By using these values, AppGameKit can split up a single image into it's separate characters.

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
the short version of the story is that i had your same problem, and when i put in a font size of 72 (in my case), it looked exactly how i designed it in photoshop

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:22:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:22:40