Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Using a texture as a brush to 'fill in' and outlined irregular shape - rather than filling in with just one colour

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2012 13:05
What is the easiest way?

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2012 23:54
ping?

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2012 05:07
In an image editing program? Paste the texture in as a layer, select the shape you want, invert the selection (right click->select inverse in Photoshop), and delete the selected parts from the texture layer.

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2012 08:23
@ BMacZero,

V thanks for responding. No, I was more thinking of stuff I could achieve, on the fly, within DBPro.

TextureMax helps a bit - but not where I'm chucking in a whole new texture over a particular part of an image.

Let's imagine it's a human outline with sections (lower arm, upper arm, neck, head etc). I want to change the texture for the lower arm. I could do this with innumerable images and just go a-pasting.....

But is there any other way? So I could take say a square image texture and paste it just in to the outline of that lower arm part?

(btw I hope you're getting what I mean...?)

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2012 08:44
Ah, I see. It would be simplified if you could UV-map the object so that each possible part lies within its own rectangle, and you don't have to deal with irregular shapes. Store the rectangles in a data structure, use memblocks to paste new textures onto the images at the positions you want. I might try to whip up a sample.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:19:45
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:19:45