Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Free Map

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2012 19:18 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2012 02:33
hello to tgc forums, recently i made a map, fully detailed just for the dbpro users.

this character is just a sample how big the map is!
and its very detailed. only 3.5k polys.

with some directx engine effects, like: lights and so, the map could be even better looking!

normally i sell those maps on tubrosquid, but i put ones in a while those models on the tgc forums for free. so use it!

(File attached)

more 3d models .x/.obj and more foramts here:
[href]https://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index.cfm?keyword=gogetax1&x=0&y=0[href]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 14th Jan 2012 20:54
Interesting... which format is it in?...dbo?
Also you should have a disclaimer regarding licencing ^^ most prefer a text file inside the zip file...

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
its a direct x model. it may look like its have lots of effects but those are only textures.. and I closed the .x file as binary file.. but I could make it text file too. I don't see any reasons for the encryption methods.. are there?

People Who play Rakion:
http://gplaces.net/spec/rakion.php
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2012 14:52

encryption?

urm you lost me...

All I said was...

What format is it... you answered .X

that you should include a licence

and that it should be inside with the file...

Side Note:
why when I try to help I get stabbed in the back?

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
ohh text file like license!! I thought u meant why the x file is not a text file it self.. so I answered its.binary encrypted.. but nvm lol

enjoy the map! I made it for those who make rpgs.. it's the best programming ground there is. you can do all kind of collection tests on that

People Who play Rakion:
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2012 15:10
Hehe not to worry...

Can you link to your TS page?... would love to see your other creations

I agree with the rpg statement...

I too plan to create assets for others to use and for me to sell on TS and likewise places... how often do you make a sale? is it viable?

Cheers

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2012 16:39 Edited at: 15th Jan 2012 16:40
@MrValentine:
sure

i hope the forum modifiers wont mind.
but here it is.

http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/gogetax1

also, if you have some private questsions, i dont mind if you add me to the msn contact list.

People Who play Rakion:
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2012 16:51
Oh cool will do... umm yeah sorry my bad forgot it may seem like advertising... but I think its ok as it was requested and not like in a first post with a million arrows pointing ag it ^^ mod correct me if I may be wrong hehe

will have a look now cheers

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2012 17:32
cant say I personally can justify any prices you have put on your models

but iam not here for that: About the map, It is insanely simple. basicly, if i boot up Z brush, pick the normal brush and just stroke a bit at random, then add a bit of a road then this is what i have.

Its very VERY simple. And the lack of texture variatyion doesnt help either.
Its not that big either, I would have you think through, exactly what are you making, its just a crapload of hills and a road in reality. Think through your map, take a walk through a forest close to you and you will see that its a heck of alot flatter than this.

I would also take time and add objects to it

The result of origin.. Oh and ponies
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
@Quik:
thanks for the possitive feedback on that one.
maybe you dont know, but im on this forums from 2004, i was on top list of those who make mmorpg games WITH those models. take a look on some of my posts around here on the tgc forums.

and you are only seens 2008, you have no right to say anything about it even.
maybe its new for you, but all you see is non-effected models. with some lights/shadows or anything else, those models can get to live!
from your post. i understood that you dont know much programming your self.

sure you must be good in 3D, but i can use my self some shaders to make those models look more realistic, and also can smooth the ground so you wont see any egges. but then the game will be laggy/buggy and slow.
so think a little about it

for example you have this one:

this may look it has shadows, but its 100% textures, there are no shaders are used over this map. and guess what, it was much easyer to make it than this map im heaving right now.

People Who play Rakion:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
just for you @Quik. i made some nice "effects"
this one uses over 20k polygons, uses advanced lights and shadows effects, also there is a practicle system on it.
all of those are "touch" of a programming skill. i hope you like it.

People Who play Rakion:
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2012 20:42
Quote: "maybe you dont know, but im on this forums from 2004, i was on top list of those who make mmorpg games WITH those models. take a look on some of my posts around here on the tgc forums."

iam going to completly ignore that for now.

Quote: "and you are only seens 2008, you have no right to say anything about it even."

oh yeah, so to be able to comment on your models, i must have been here longer than you? yeah that makes sense.

Here is the deal: if you dont want critisizing on your stuff, just say that, if you dont say how the heck am I to know?
If you only want praising, then please SAY THAT.

Quote: "just for you @Quik. i made some nice "effects"
this one uses over 20k polygons, uses advanced lights and shadows effects, also there is a practicle system on it.
all of those are "touch" of a programming skill. i hope you like it."

Its still the same, booring, map, with random hills all over the place. It doesnt look like you planned the map, it doesnt look like you know what you want with the map. It looks like a random, full of hills, forrest that we saw in games back in 64s james bond games. problem being: THEY ATLEAST COVERED IT UP IN SNOW and made it "make sense" by doing so.

The result of origin.. Oh and ponies
chromatic3d
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2012 17:04
Sergey K thanks for the map. Excellent for testing stuff on.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 05:59:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 05:59:25