Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / ReadMusic: Tier-1 App for Android

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2012 14:52
This app, compiled for Android, is an educational game, very useful to learn how to read music on the pentagram. You have to select the right note on a little piano-like keyboard, that shall be played using samples taken from my Yamaha digital piano.
There are a lot of options: tutor mode (the notes are displayed), sharp/flat alterations, C/F clef, length of sequence, number of rounds.
I'd like to publish to the Android Market and sell it at a small price, as soon as I understand how to choose and manage payments.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2012 15:56
There's no clef! It's impossible to know what the correct note is...

-- Jim
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2012 18:30
Hi Jim,
don't worry, the clef is chosen before starting the game, and it displayed at the beginning. It is a side scrolling game, for each round the clef is drawn, but as the notes show up, it scrolls outside the screen. See the attached screen.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2012 14:19
OK Marco! Why not lock the clef on the left of the screen and scroll the staff through? Also - all those ledger lines!! Mostly notes are in the range of the treble and bass clefs (SABT) and a double-stave view might be kinder!

-- Jim
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2012 16:40 Edited at: 19th Jan 2012 16:44
Does it actually play a tune? Or are you just required to hit a randomly displayed note?

If its side scrolling why not have a hit zone (like Guitar Hero)? You could also increase the speed as you progress through the 'tune'...

EDIT: Also, as an advanced mode, why not remove the key names? Teaches you where the keys are on the piano then also...
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2012 18:01
Answers to all.
- It plays a tune by pressing the coloured and black key as it were a piano keyboard (with only 7+5 keys)
- the tunes are sample taken by my Yamaha GrandPiano keyboard
- The idea to fix the clef is good, although I rendered a a stave that scrolls, so the clef should scroll too. Anyway I'l consider this idea in a next release.
- it is not Guitar hero game, it should be a serious way to learn reading music, so the hit zone is the keyboard, not the moving notes.
- I do not think it is a good idea to put double stave. This is a tool to learn separately keys in G and F clef. When you do real exercises at the piano, there it is important to have both.
- the edge lines are ugly, I agree. I'll remove them in a next release.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2012 19:41
Quote: "- it is not Guitar hero game, it should be a serious way to learn reading music, so the hit zone is the keyboard, not the moving notes."

Fair enough, its your game... Its funny though, I have literately just started teaching myself piano a couple weeks ago. I found an app very similar to this. One enhancement I would have suggested was to have it scrolling, which is what you are doing... Just to be clear though, by hit zone, I wasn't suggesting you click the moving notes, I meant you click the keyboard when the note is in the 'hit zone'...
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2012 14:44
The gallery for ReadMusic.

MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2012 10:06
Now ReadMusic is available on Android Market for 0.99€.
[href]W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS50ZXhhc29mdHJlbG9hZGVkLlJlYWRNdXNpYyJd[/href]
There is no video at the moment, but I think to create it as soon as I have time.
I modified the aspect in order to remove the boring red stripes. Now on my cheap smartphone Galaxy Gio the rendering is perfect. I do not know on tablets, because I have no other (expensive) gadgets, but Android Market tells me that it is compatible with more than 700 models, and I think that, as far as the screen aspect is 3/2, the rendering should be good too.
Since I am trying to learn piano, I found it very useful for practicing, and it is an amusing passtime too.
As usual, I'll give for free the Windows version to people that shall buy the Android version.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:42:58
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:42:58