Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / New to Blender custom Mele weapons animation.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2012 18:09
I have made several weapon in blender i.e. Billy Club, Ice Pick, Meat hook, cleaver. I would like to be able to use them in a FPSC game. I have no idea how to go about doing that. I have watched some tuts, but I am still a bit unclear what theprocess is for going from a weapon made from scratch in Blender to an actual in game usable weapon.

Because they are Mele weapons I was also wondering if I could take an exsisting mele weapons Fpe file and use that and just replace the model specs with the one I created.

If anyone knows of a tut for what I am looking to do that would be great. I am planning on creating a torture chamber model pack that will include weapons, torture devices, and other freaky stuff. Once I get it finished I will make it availible at no charge for anyone that wants it for whatever reasons commercial or otherwise. Just a fair warning though it may take a while, not only because I have to figure out how to get the weapons to work like weapons. But because I am somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to this kind of stuff.
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 11:07 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2012 11:08
in short:
when you finished the model in a propper way (polyreduced, textured) you have to rig the weapon on a "FIRESPOT"-called bone to do the animation (named firespot so fpsc can place muzzleflash-decals in any form), then rig it to hands if wanted.
animate it as you wish (i have loaded a stock-x-file of a fpsc-gun with fragmotion to get the right dimensions for the HUD.x).

i am learning this myself atm, so i cant give you detailed info. when you got the basics ready, most if it is a trial and error-thing.

search for blender-tutorials by gamerX on the fpsc-board, they are easy to understand and very helpfull.

Troutflies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 19:09
Thanks maho. Yes Gamers tuts are freakin awesome. The first aid kit is what i started with. The animation is a little overwhelming right now, being relativly new to blender. Thanks for the input though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 13:45:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 13:45:15