Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Spacehip Models by Coughmist

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2012 02:14 Edited at: 17th Feb 2012 01:40
Hey all, I hope all is well! It's been a while since I posted here, but I thought I'd share a few models I've made in the last couple days for some feedback. I've been focusing on Android development lately and made these for a space game I'm working on. The game won't be in 3D, but I wanted some decent models to render some nice 2D graphics.

The Guppy - 5634 triangles/2048x2048 texture
Civilian transport ship.
This ship was made with no references. It had been a while since I had messed around with 3DS Max, so I just went with what felt natural. It was a great model to practice getting better with photoshop.

Top:

Bottom:

Back:

The Caddisfly - 8858 triangles/2048x2048 texture (still working on texture))
Small assualt ship.
This ship I did use a reference to build the model from, however, I took some liberties with the design and the texture is original.

Back/Front (no texture):

Top/Bottom (no texture):

Perspective:

Thanks for looking!
(Edit: Shoot! I just saw the "What are you working on" thread. I should have posted these in there. )

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 27th Jan 2012 07:23
What will happen to the 3D models?

WOW!

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2012 09:47
Wow these look great!
zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2012 10:44 Edited at: 27th Jan 2012 11:04
Thanks a bunch!

MrValentine: I'm thinking about whipping up a simple space shooter with them as well in DB. But it will be a while before I get to it.

Here is an update to the cockpit section:

Thanks for checking it out!
(Edit: I attached a 1440x900 .png render to show some of the smaller details in the texture.)

My green thumb grew the tree my Trojan War horse was crafted from. With roses in our pockets we rally round the tombstones. Ashes to ashes, we all fall down.

Attachments

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
very impressive I must say! and good luck with your android game

more 3d models .x/.obj and more foramts here:
[href]https://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index.cfm?keyword=gogetax1&x=0&y=0[href]
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Ace models, and textures! I like the designs which have originality.

zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 09:24 Edited at: 17th Feb 2012 01:40
Thanks, amigos, I appreciate the comments! The Android stuff is going okay. The hardest part was just setting up Eclipse. And the whole Java thing...

Here are a few more renders:
This is just the same ship as above, but I set up a bunch of different color schemes using the layers in photoshop. This is the blue/white one:

Here is a rough design of another ship I am working on. The cylindrical cargo pods are just placeholders for future meshes. Also, the front section will have some detail work added. I'm mostly just blocking out design for now.

I also have been going through a ton of ZBrush tutorials around the web. I'm nowhere near the brilliance that floats around the world when it comes to it (I especially need to study some muscle anatomy for future works.) I'm mostly just practicing with the different brushes and with Zspheres. Here's my one hour demon/dino/snake head sculpt:

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 10:50
*speechless*

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:04:29