Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / Purchasing an iMac

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd like to compile for an iPhone/iPad. I don't own an iMac, and I can't seem to get anyone to comile for me, so I'm going to have to bite the bullet and purchase an Apple computer to do this. I don't want to purchase anything new, so I'm looking on Craigslist for something older that will do the trick. Anyone have a list of essentials for this? OS, memory, speed, etc?
b83
Years of Service
User Offline
you need an intel mac, a mac mini will do the job perfectly fine. just stay away from a 'core duo' processor and go with a 'core 2 duo'

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_mini/stats/mac-mini-core-2-duo-1.83-specs.html

you can find these used for a lot less than buying the latest mac mini's. if you are just going to use xcode to develop and compile.. this mac mini is a capable machine. it is what I currently use.
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2012 17:45
I love my mac mini only cost about 600 dollars to get.

Go through yourself at a wall.
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 15:50
This is a bit weird. I wonder why Apple didn't allow Windows users to compile apps/games for their devices.

http://www.kamacdev.wordpress.com ~ My developer blog, mind paying a visit ?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2012 08:21 Edited at: 31st Jan 2012 08:22
To force devs to buy Macs, in the hope that they see how much better Mac is and move all over to Windows!

I have 1 Mac just for the sake of compiling to iOS. I use Windows 99% of the time
sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2012 23:14 Edited at: 14th Feb 2012 23:15
mac for me tends to be for media (final cut, iphoto, etc.) and some games. Windows tends to be my programming and majority of games. If you want a good Mac but cheap price I would perfer the mac mini which can be quad core or duo core. The duo core one can be $500. I would not perfer the laptops they are way to over priced compared to some of their desktops.

The software of Mac looks nicer, much more user friendly and gives me less trouble tring to do stuff like partitioning a hardrive. But Mac does not hold a big market for games... but is growing from the mac app store. A lot of times artist, authors, and liberal arts people get macs because of their easy use. I am not saying mac's are perfect but tend to be more comfortable for people to use. On the other hand PC's tend to be harder to use, but have a lot more resources at hand such as Directx and opengl, where mac is only opengl (I believe) and have a much much much! better programming languages then mac... objective-C is a pain compared to visual BASIC (or in this case AGK). But that is my opinion

sov the game creator!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 01:58:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 01:58:57