Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] [X9] Rue City

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2012 04:43
WIP- FPS RPG for PC. Being made with FPS Creator. Lots of community content, thank you to you al. Single andMultiplayer to be included. Powere by Lemur Multiplayer, Conjured Entertainment Cash System,and Mixamo character animations.
Welcome to Rue City. The year is 2026 and the world has been destroyed by a "zombie" apocolypse. The zombies, or ghouls as they are more often referred to, have wiped out all of the world as far as you are concerned. One government officially exists and that is the government of this ruined city. It is rumored that other humans may have survived, but no one is overly concerned about that at the moment, only survival matters and the people of Rue have more than just ghouls to worry about. The corrupt beaurocrats are struggling to maintain control over an army that is leaning increasingly towards going totally rogue, while a fed-up lower class is ready to see to both of them overthrown. The uperclass has raised its own army of personal bodyguards and meanwhile the black market is thriving off the demand for weapons. In the dark, abandoned alleys of this doomed city are evils unimaginable to the desperate populace, or what remains of it. And to top it off, you don't remember who you are. You do not know why you awoke in a flooded subway with critical wounds, but you do know that there is someone out there who does. Someone who is always watching, who whispers in your ear of the wretched fates of your forgotten loved ones and his plans to expand that fate to include you. You must find him before he finds you. You must find out who you are. How will you stop him, though. Is the government really that bad? How powerful of an ally could this rogue military be? Could the rebels be willing to help you? Does the wealthy upper class have a soft side? And what of the connections the black market has? Perhaps no one can be trusted. You must decide and decide quick because the only thing for sure right now is that the Rue City of today may not be here tomorrow.

Webpage:
http://assembledpirateswithblowtorches.weebly.com/games.html

Pvt_Classified at http://assembledpirateswithblowtorches.weebly.com/

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2012 07:45 Edited at: 29th Jan 2012 19:43
A Zombie game with an actual well thought-out story? Great Scott!

The screenshot isn't all that great. It looks very scattered without much thought. Why is a bathroom there with a bunch of other rubble that doesn't resemble a bathroom at all? The water also looks a bit too blue, but maybe that's just me.

Cheesehead for life.
Pvt_Classified
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2012 14:44 Edited at: 29th Jan 2012 14:47
It's still in the working. The bathroom hasn't been added yet, but it will be. This is the flooded subway where the player begins their adventure, the top collapsed and ruptured the pipelines. It's in the early stages, but I have all the details worked out as I tried this once before already, but lost the files. The city will be in several stages that you can move to and from like Midtown East and Midtown West, but I'm still working on that. I've only started the subway so far.Attached is a shot of the lake beside the city, nothing to boast yet but I casn't get enough of how the water looks. Will add grungy docks, etc.
It's post-apocolypse, so will expct to be creative in this game, the Black Market can only supply so many weapons, but there are plently of armed mobsters, rebels, soldiers, bodyguards, and civilians to loot, depending on the ehics the player has, which will affect the story's outcome. Anyways, lots of throwable stuff. I think this idea is from Dead Rising, where the weapons break after a while. Expect that here, so be ready to find lots of pipes, axes, etc in a hurry!
Lots of things throughout the city will bring back memories from your past. Plenty of City Rubble and will not be lacking in flooded sewers/subways. The goal will be to build a fully dysfunctional city, so when looting the houses beware of unhappy owners who may not be so happy with intruders.
Any help would be appreciated, message me at nforsyth20@yahoo.com if you're interested. Lock and load because this apocolypse is coming.

P.S. These are test game shots.

Attachments

Pvt_Classified
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 02:45 Edited at: 30th Jan 2012 03:31
New shots, again this is still in the early stages of development. I'm just starting on the upper city and the subway is still being worked on (I have to download the Metro Theater Pack to complete the restrooms.) Characters coming along well, I'll probably attach a screenshot soon. The one and only thing I need to finish the characters is a way to get the skeletons rigged. As I said, I'm using mixamo so I just need to know how to rerigg the skeleton to the one gien by TGC in the "Charcter Studio" download. I've read it, but I've had no luck. A tutorial on how to rig the character to their biped skeleton in Autodesk 3DS Max would be nice, if anyone has any suggestions.

I get flak a lot about licenses, so here it is. Am I within my rights to rerigg the character? Short answer: yes.

Long Answer from Mixamo License:

1.4 “Embedded Animation Data” means Animation Data that User has downloaded from the Website and embedded in a User application or product in such a manner that it cannot be extracted from the application or product and used as stand-alone Animation Data without the use of reverse engineering tools or techniques. For avoidance of doubt, Embedded Animation Data is the use of Animation Data that is not intended to allow further use, reproduction, modification, or distribution of the Animation Data outside of the application or product containing the Embedded Animation Data.

3.2 Restrictions. Mixamo grants a limited license to access and make personal use of the Website and not to download (other than the Animation Data and limited portions of the Software for access purposes) or modify the Website, or any portion of the Website. User may not frame, or use any framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, movie, page layout, or form) of Mixamo. The Website, Content, Software, or any portion of the Website, Content, or Software may not be reproduced, duplicated, adapted, copied, sold, resold, transmitted or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose or any other purpose without the express written consent of Mixamo. User may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, transmit, or distribute the Software or any portion of the Content, other than the Embedded Animation Data as set forth in Section 3.4 below, without the prior express written consent of Mixamo.

Is the water too blue? I think I like it better than clear water, but you guys can be the judge. I think this water is murkier than the alternative.

Attachments

Pvt_Classified
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 03:31
Second shot, I'm just not good with the image links.

Attachments

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 03:40 Edited at: 30th Jan 2012 03:41
Quote: "As I said, I'm using mixamo so I just need to know how to rerigg the skeleton to the one gien by TGC in the "Charcter Studio" download. I've read it, but I've had no luck. A tutorial on how to rig the character to their biped skeleton in Autodesk 3DS Max would be nice, if anyone has any suggestions."

As far as I know Mixamo rigs your character, I dont think you need to further rig in Max unless you are going to do your own animation.
You do realise that Mixamo animations are 20 dollars and up per anim?
I reckon your looking at a minimum of 100-200 per character. The animation packs are around 400 bucks.

Autodesk forums or even searching the web for rigging in Max is your best bet.

Awesome! Its one of those threads.
Pvt_Classified
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 10:24
Yes, I do realize that, but thats why I want to re-rig the skeleton to the one already created by TGC. And tanks for the it tip rolfy.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 12:58 Edited at: 30th Jan 2012 13:05
Why not use the free biped provided by TGC for FPSC? It'll save you a lot of time. Mixamo is not enough bang for your buck. Unless you become a premium sub member and use it as a exclusive source for motion capture then it really isn't worth it.

Since money seems like no object to you I suggest getting the True Bones pack instead. For $200 you get 5000 mocap bvh files that are specifically edited for games and it includes a studio program for capturing your own mocap animations using the xbox Kinect.

Linkage

Also here's a character rigging tut I found with a simple google search. Linkage. Sine your using a biped character just skip to step 8 to see how to use the skin modifier. It's really too easy to do and there's a similar tut in your manual. Actually the manual has a better description on all the details of the skin modifier, it can even show you how to add weights, restraints and custom controllers to your biped.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 14:31 Edited at: 30th Jan 2012 14:31
I saw the title of this and misread it as 'Hue City', and I thought, "At last a Vietnam War game"!

But then I read the thread and saw it was another zombie game. Oh well, looking good so far anyway...

Pvt_Classified
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 22:59 Edited at: 31st Jan 2012 02:52
To JL Mooney: That's what I'm trying to do, but I'm having trouble with it. Any tips? I still can't find any tutorials.

To Bruce: No clue where I got the title from, but I bet Hue City probably had something to do with it. I have worked the title into the game abit, other than just slapping the Welcome to Rue city stickers everywhere

To all: Map is coming along great, story is getting better and better, characters are the only setback right now. Also, any models with furniture would be appreciated. I could use help. I've got a small dev. team right now.

Anyone who is interested in contributing:
*models and media
*tutorial on rigging the characters, as previously stated
*anyone who would like to develop the multiplayer portion of the game
*someone with an in-depth knowledge of the FPI language

If any of these apply to you or you think you have other ways to contribute, talk to me. nforsyth20@yahoo.com is the best way to reach me.
I got to look into the linkd more. Thanks mooney! I think I'll appreciate the help. And quite the contrary, I didn't mean to in any way imply that I have vast financial resources for this project. Anyways, projects going well... too well.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2012 05:38 Edited at: 31st Jan 2012 05:49
Quote: "Yes, I do realize that, but thats why I want to re-rig the skeleton to the one already created by TGC."
To avoid further confusion the skeleton as its sometimes called is the Max default biped (only the .bip animations are the creation of TGC), you dont rig this, you rig the model to it...unless you mean you want to rig the FPSC skeleton to the biped then I get what your saying and no longer confused.
You need to learn how to either apply the skin or physique modifier to your mesh then adjust the envelopes and add and subtract verts from influence of bones etc. Then you will need to learn to use either animation mixer or motionflow to blend your animations into one long animation list (you could of course open two bipeds and copy and paste it all that way, but its messy).
Your talking about using 3dsMax here its not a simple process and will take a fair chunk of your time if your just learning, its not something you will get people writing tutorials about around here, I could count on one hand the folks that have even the slightest clue how to use it properly, even though everyone seems to own a copy. Its easy to tell who's trained and who's not. Or at least who's learned the right methods.
Once you actually learn to use Max its all simple enough and its a very powerful program but its not an entry level software.
Maybe if you tried Fragmotion you might get more help from people around here and it would be easier.

Awesome! Its one of those threads.
Pvt_Classified
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2012 13:15
Thanks for the tip rolfy and the link Mooney, both are helpful. Dev. team has a new consultant onboard that's helpiing to polish up the earlier levels.

P.S. I can set Mixamo to make the characters standard bipeds, but I don't know if it'll work with the FPSC pre-made animations. Anyway, I'll look into it. Here are some shots of just a few of the characters so far. Again, courtesy of Mixamo.

Attachments

Pvt_Classified
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2012 21:44
Okay, I'm gonna be short and sweet because I'm just in too much pain right now. I've had a really bad neck injury- moving out of state from my chiropractor and this increased amount of staring at a computer screen for this project has finally caught up to me. I went to school this morning okay, but after staring at the work in front of my for most of first period my neck had gotten worse. So, this project and pretty much any projects have been shelved momentarily. Besidees, this was meant to be an early sneak peak and recruitment opportunity. Plenty of positions still available, e-mail me at nforsyth20@yahoo.com

voice actors
modelers
scripters
multiplayer developer
and possibly more

Moderators please lock this thread.

Pvt_Classified
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 04:23
Lock this please.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2012 00:27
Team requests

This thread is considered a team request and has been locked.
Whilst threads like this are not outlawed, they must adhere to a strict set of guidelines.

You can review the team request guidelines here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=team_requests

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of these terms, along with generally accepted netiquette standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 08:42:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 08:42:05