Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Editor: variables and functions on multiple files.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2012 19:42
So basically, I am working on a very large project, and I have it organized into files (main,variabledeclarations,labels,functions etc.) and the names of variables and functions aren't recognized by the editor across the files, so if I declare a variable in my "variabledeclarations" file then use it in my "main" file, the name of the variable doesen't change color so I know that the editor recognized it, and it should, because it works fine if everything is in one file.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 01:19
Inflictive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2012 22:34
Code? this is about the editor. the problem is like this:
(file 1)

(file 2)

in this case if the files were compiled as part of the same project, the editor would add the contents of both files together. The annoying thing is, in the first file, "qq" would be highlighted but not in the second. If you cut-pasted the code from file 2 to the bottom of file 1, then qq would become highlighted. It's annoying because you really need multiple files to make a large project without going crazy from all the scrolling. And the variables(and functions) need to highlight so you know that you are using the correct variable, spelled right and everything.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 3rd Feb 2012 12:54
What do you mean by highlighting? I've just tried this and the editor recognizes both as byte and when you hover the cursor over the text "qq" the editor displays the declared global type in each case.

The editor gives you some control over the colours, but I don't see how changing the colour would help you. What colour would you use for variables? Or are you asking that global variables be given a different colour? As far as I can tell there isn't an option for that.

I think you need to give a bit more explanation of what you mean and what you think is wrong.
Inflictive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 03:30
What I mean is if you have many code files in your project, rather than just one, variables are only recognized when you are viewing the file the variable is declared in. My colors are white normal text on black background, and variables are teal. In file 1(above) "qq" would apear teal, but in file 2 white.

no u
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 5th Feb 2012 12:40 Edited at: 5th Feb 2012 12:41
I can't reproduce your problem - neither can I see an option to set the colour of variables.

This is what I see when I try to change the settings:

Which editor are you using?

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 04:00:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 04:00:30