Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Problems with exporting/loading animated models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 15:14
hey,

I've recently picked darkbasic pro back up again and have attempted to load a simple animated model into my program but i keep running across problems with the animation.

Ive attached some pictures showing what it should look like, in 3ds max and deep exploration the model animates fine and he is in an idle position with his tail curling and mouth opening slightly with his body moving.

when i export it to a .x format, only the eyes and hat move back and forward in time with the models 'breathing'.

In 3ds max they are seperate objects to the main body and bones.

Im a bit confused why this is happening, ive had a look through the forum but no-one else seems to have come across this problem. ive tried exporting and importing in many different file formats but it all seems to come down to when it gets exported as a .x file.

as an idea, it may be due to the way its built in 3ds max but as my freind is the one modelling it, my knowledge in 3ds max isnt too deep!

any help would be much appreciated, before i decide to just make the game a fps and have away with these complicated models!!!!!

[img]null[/img]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 09:40
I assume you are using pandasoft to export? I know I always had issues exporting animations using that and had to set some pretty specific settings in order to export it properly. It's been a terribly long time since I've done it, so I wouldn't know where to begin with the settings without some trial and error. I found this:
http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2001&page=CharacterStudio
in another thread. You may take a look at it and see if there are any settings that you have different. Best of luck!

My green thumb grew the tree my Trojan War horse was crafted from. With roses in our pockets we rally round the tombstones. Ashes to ashes, we all fall down.
Remlap Neb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 12:43
Thanks for the reply!

I've tried this before with no success, oh well, i think ill just keep trying a combination of exporting and importing and see where that gets me!

if i make any progress ill post it for other people!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:01:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:01:20