Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Rue City update

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2012 14:21 Edited at: 5th Feb 2012 18:41
A shot from Rue City in the town of Vista. Location will be featured in both singleplayer and multiplayer. Another early shot, still working on decorating but now I'm having s=trouble because the map is getting too big. It won't always load and I had to take some stuff out to get the higher quality screenshot. Any tips? I downloaded several blood and bloody messages from TGC Store and they work fine but when I added them the mao wouldn't load and when i removed them did. I think that, if its possible, I have too much stuff in this map but I only have about 190 entites and a handful of segments.

what to add:
*will add streetlights, off of course (no power)
*more rubble/debris
*plenty of gore
*zombies, can't have a zombie game without 'em!
*soldiers- plenty of rogue zombie-killing soldiers that aren't too friendly to civilians
*black market- dealers have plenty of weapons for those who have money, if you know where to look

Any other suggestions, critique, advice welcomed!

Anouncement: Originally the game was to be set only in Rue City. Now the single and multiplayer will both include four maps/zones: "Vista," "Pass," "Delta," and "Rue City"

Two more quick questions. 1) What is the color that doesn't show up in the game? I made my menu buttons using paint, then I converted the PNG to TGA using ConverterHub. It shows up, but the white space does to. I though there was a shade of purple that I can put that will appear invisible. IAnyone know what that is? 2) My maps are getting larger and the grid just isn't big enough. Any one have any suggestion?

Currently: polishing "Vista," setting up framework for "Pass," editing characters.

Pvt_Classified

Edit:

Pvt_Classified at http://assembledpirateswithblowtorches.weebly.com/
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2012 17:43
Pvt_Classified
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2012 18:14 Edited at: 5th Feb 2012 18:41
Wait, what do you mean? I already posted a screenshot and I'm not breaking any team request rules. I am asking questions and showing off what I have done already. Could you please be more specific? I've read that many times before, what am I not doing correctly?

Pvt_Classified

Edit: No disrespect sir. I embedded the screenshots. Is that what you mean?

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2012 22:24
i think its because you opened a second thread for the same project. update your other thread instead.

Pvt_Classified
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2012 22:47 Edited at: 5th Feb 2012 22:49
They locked it because it was a "team request." I stated that I will accept help on this project and apparently that's not allowed or is it cause I'm confused. They said its allowed, but I don't see what I did wrong.

Edit: Let's restate that. I asked them to lock it because I was suffering from an injury to my neck. I made a surprisingly quick recovery and am back up and going, so this project is back on. However, they did not just lock the last thread, they also said it was an illegal team request. What?

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2012 00:12
Team requests aren't forbidden, but they have adhere to a strict set of rules.

This same goes for the WIP and Showcase boards.

The rules are all in the stickies at the top of each board. I strongly suggest you read them thoroughly before posting any new threads.

Pvt_Classified
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2012 03:02
I know, I read them but I still don't see what I did wrong. In fact, I thinl I placed my request how you're supposed to, but I don't know. Anyway, I wanted that post locked at the time because if my injury. Lcuky quick recovery. Thank God for chiropractors!

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2012 14:16
With team requests it also helps if you contact a mod before posting, to give them a heads up and get their advice. I did this when I needed voice actors and subsequently got a far more positive response. The mods are there to help us as well as keep an eye on us!

Anyway, keep up the good work

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:51:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:51:02