Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Low Poly Tomahawk model

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2012 22:10 Edited at: 6th Feb 2012 22:11
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-tomahawk/653273

This is a very VERY low poly tomahawk.
1024x1024 diffuse texture.
58 polys.
lol

$5.00 seems kind of high though doesn't it?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2012 22:54
Quote: "$5.00 seems kind of high though doesn't it?"

for this texture? yes, yes indeed, as it looks like you just took a picture and slapped it onto it. May I ask for your reference image? I am curious about the design of it

The result of origin.. Oh and ponies
AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2012 23:00 Edited at: 6th Feb 2012 23:00
Here's the reference image.

Oh, and now its $1.00

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2012 23:05
so, you pretty much took that image and made it an texture? Thats what it looks like anyway

1$ sounds better

The result of origin.. Oh and ponies
AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2012 23:39
Quote: "so, you pretty much took that image and made it an texture?"

Yes, but the model wasn't exact to the picture, so it still took a bit of work.
And baked AO.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2012 05:06
Let me know if you get any sales...

Cheers,
Anayar

P.S: Above comment is NOT sarcastic... I'm honestly wondering because if you can make 5 bucks for that I might have to start selling on TS!

For KeithC
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2012 13:18 Edited at: 9th Feb 2012 13:18
Looks good, my only suggestion would be to cut holes where there's holes in the reference image, I think it looks a wee bit odd with them just pasted in.

AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2012 02:21
@anayar
It's $1.00

Frap
User Banned
Posted: 14th Feb 2012 20:38
Why sell something for $1, turbosquid take 60% and then paypal take another 5-10% of that. No one will ever buy a model for $1 and if they do they are a muppet. OK, AJ Schaeffer you need to do some work on this, add a little geometry so it follows the correct shape of the model another 100 maybe 200 polies may get you enough geo to get the shape down, we have moved on from the year 2000. Your diffuse needs some work, along with your texture layout, get it tight, look what others have done and try to emulate and learn from them. Add a specular and normal map to really sell the different elements and materials that make up this of the model.

Dont get me wrong, your doing well but I think you need to learn more before you should start selling. This is only going to hinder you for future sales as you produce more better quality models, believe me I learnt the hard way.

Selling a model for $1 is not going to earn you anything, for this model in all honesty would probably take me a day and a half to do properly maybe even 2 days all told, I would expect this model to sell approx 1-2 times a year at most. Think about it would that be worth it for at best $1.40 the best turbosquid can offer and your not getting that much at the moment.

May I suggest that you hold off from selling just a little longer, train yourself a little more and develop as an artist a bit more. In a years time you could be producing models that at the moment you can only dream off and with some very hardwork sell them for nearer $100 a time which would be far more worthwhile in the long run.

Also guys ditch turbosquid, they are ruining the market place and cheapening quality work, its fine if you want a free model that you then have to spend hours on correcting errors but they pay unfair royalties to hard working talented artists. Go somewhere where the artist is treated fairly and paid properly and recieve the lions share for their hard. Anyone can build a 3d market place nowdays so why should they get most of the money.

AJ Schaeffer, you will get there mate and hopefully soon, take a look around some of the guys work here. Alucard, Henry Ham to name a few that I can remember, when you can match thier work and standards go for it and you will recieve a nice royalty check every month guarenteed. Dont waste your time for a few cents, it wont help you know or in the future.

Portfolio
My Blog
Available for weddings, bah mitz fers, funerals and freelance work.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 00:52:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 00:52:30