Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Matrix1Utils Help Files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everybody!

I was wondering if there's a way to include the help files from matrix1utils in the regular help? I copied the files over, but idk if there's a way to get the Matrix1utils commands and index included.
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2012 19:45
You could edit the main contents page to include a link to it, or you could just press F1 while over a matrix1utils command and then follow the link to the index page.

[b]
Da_Rhyno
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the tips! I think I'll go with suggestion 1, though I didn't know about suggestion 2.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2012 23:25
The second method is what I use. I just type in a memorised command (in my case, MAKE BANK which was almost the first command I wrote for these plug-ins) and then hit F1. There are links at the bottom of every page that will take you to the 'categorised' help page, and the full command list page.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 22nd Apr 2012 14:18
That's what I do too - except I use max which is quicker.
Scraggles other loggin
Years of Service
User Offline
I use method 1. I like all my help files to be available from the main page.
Attached is my edited commands page. I think it is a much easier way to work.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2012 21:25
And that little faux pas brings up an entirely unrelated question:
Does anyone know who to speak to in order to get my two accounts merged?
I have this one "Scraggle" which is the one I use for everything and the one above (when it gets approved) that has all my purchases on it.
I'd like to be able to have my purchase and download history from the "other log in" account put into my main account.

Back on topic: Feel free to 'steal' my commands.html file and use it as your own
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 12:43 Edited at: 11th May 2012 13:01
I'm sure Paul or anyone on the TGC team can direct you to the right one. [I sympathise - I have two accounts originally for the same reason and just occasionally get in a muddle. I now wish I'd just had the one account. ]

Quote: "Feel free to 'steal' my commands.html file and use it as your own"

Done. Thanks. It looks good. All I need to do now is work out how to get it to work. None of the links do anything for me.

Edit I'm totally baffled. Both your htm file and the original DBPro one seem to have identical links - but only the official DBPro ones work.

Edit2 Weird. I've just tried copying and pasting some of your links from your htm file into the official file and they all work perfectly. At least you've pointed me in a sensible direction now. But what on earth is wrong with your file?
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 13:04
If the links are identical the only other thing must be that the file is in the wrong directory but that is obvious. I created the help file a long time ago so I'm not sure what the differences are, but the only thing I can thing of (which catches me out from time to time) is .htm and .html They are both acceptable suffixes but not recognised as being the same.

Most of the links to third party or licensed plugins won't work because they are helpfiles that I have either made myself or heavily edited. I could send you all of my files but I've just zipped them up and the zip is 60Mb, which I believe is too large for the forum.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 13:34 Edited at: 11th May 2012 14:00
No those are not the problem at all. Both are .htm files, both are in the same directory and both point to the same files. Even the standard DBPro ones won't work from your file when open in the browser. If I right click and copy a shortcut and paste it into the address bar it works perfectly just as they do if I put it into the official file.

For some reason clicking or double clicking the link just doesn't do anything from your file - but works perfectly with the same links simply pasted into the DBPro one. It's baffling. Could it be something silly like the end of line character(s) being different in the two files? Or has some option been set in the header part of your file? The files look very similar apart from those and other apparently cosmetic differences.

I guess with a bit of experimentation I could narrow down the culprit.

Edit Looks like a security issue which IE isn't flagging for some reason. As an experiment I tried opening both files in MS Word. Both open fine. However, when I use ctrl+click to open a link, the official one opens normally whereas your one gets flagged with the following warning:

Any ideas why that happens with your file and not the official one? I'm sure that's related to the problem.

I'm sure I trust your file by the way.

Edit2 Problem solved - but I don't know why. I tried simply opening your file in NotePad (that much maligned but indispensible MS tool), copying all the code, then pasting it into a new NotePad file. Everything works smoothly now. There's probably something in the file properties that IE doesn't like.

Don't you just love computers?

Attachments

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 14:01 Edited at: 11th May 2012 14:06
I have absolutely no idea!
I no longer have the original files, so I can't compare them. My files work perfectly on all my machines, so I have no idea why there is an issue on yours.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Edit - Just seen your edit. Glad you've solved the problem but I still don't understand what the problem was but at least it's gone now.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 14:12 Edited at: 11th May 2012 14:24
When all else fails, blame Norton ...

Edit Just compared the Property pages of the non-working and working files side by side. The problem is quite simply that your file came from another computer. Now why isn't that a problem when you transfer files between your machines? Simply unblocking did the trick:

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:59:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:59:30