Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / App game kit for Android

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Where do i download the App game kit for Android.
Is the trial really that limited. Every time i go to build the apps they only give me a exe. I have the whole Eclipse Sdk thing set up also, but i just cat see what I'm forgetting.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2012 16:57
Are you sure that a .byc file is not created in the media folder.
If not, I think than you can use only on PCs as a demo.
By the wat the broadcast feature is disabled, i.e. you cannot try the app on your tablet or smartphone using Wi-Fi and AppGameKit player.
Maybe you can figure out how to compile with Eclipse (if a .byc is generated), I strongly advice you to buy the community version, it is cheap, it works (I have on Android Market a published app, and two ready to be published) and if Lee shall be give what he promised (new features), I think that it is a very valuable purchase.
Joshua A
Years of Service
User Offline
Being its cheap and I can compile to many platforms is the reason I downloaded the trial to test it out.
The other day i was reading about a bunch of other needed software like cygwin. It also said i need to download the c++ extension in eclipse. Cant I just use Java or BACIC?
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 02:26
I bought it not too long after its release... was tight on cash but knew I should just invest in it to make TGC work harder at it...

I have not dabbled much myself yet but looking forward to network functions to be extended then I will look into more uses for it

And of course commit more time into it

BUY IT!

anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 07:18
Quote: "Being its cheap and I can compile to many platforms is the reason I downloaded the trial to test it out.
The other day i was reading about a bunch of other needed software like cygwin. It also said i need to download the c++ extension in eclipse. Cant I just use Java or BACIC? "

This is to simply package up your application to distribute it. If you use Tier1, your program will be completely coded. These tools specified are required to distribute and package up your app - not to develop it.

If you want to develop for Android, that's fine. Don't complain that AppGameKit is making you do what *gasp* what any other Android developer would have to do! =)

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.
Joshua A
Years of Service
User Offline
The problem im having is i have no clue what to do. I spent all day yesterday tring to figure out how to use adk on android but i cant do it.

The tutorials refer to files that don't exist.

I want to take one of the example games and compile it to work for android.

Can anyone tell me how to get the compiled agk file to work in eclips so i can build the app.
IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2012 03:32
that is a great idea. start with something we should all have,
and show step by step how we arrive at a finished android product.

Joshua A
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, so i finally got how to use cygdrive now.

when I'm ready build the app what do run cygdrive on?
Joshua A
Years of Service
User Offline
Also Where on earth is the android template folder. Its just not there???
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Joshua you need to actually BUY AppGameKit to be able to compile an Android app.

The demo is just to get you accustomed with the system & commands and only produces windows exe

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 09:58:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 09:58:40