Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / The Future!! Dah!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So now we have DX11 Two up from DX 9! Hey here is an idea! DX 13!, DX 14! maybe we call it DX pentium! This seems to be a dying breed. Why is DX 9 even a sparkel in the eye! Coasting!! this is done X9 x10 The boys made their dough! I know I've giving my share to what ever.

Maybe find the next show!!
All Respect!

Big Daddy
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 15:18
I think I understand what you are communicating but then again I may be way off base.

First of all, naming an engine after the version of the graphics renderer it uses is a mistake in my opinion. They probably made this decision because, at the time, there weren't really any other sandbox editors out there that could claim x10. However, now it just illustrates how outdated the graphics rendering is at this point.

All that said, directX is a feature set. There is almost nothing being done in x10 or x11 that can't be done in an x9 based engine. If you have a top-notch graphics programmer, they can add the same functionality and feature sets.

I know this to be true, as several of the folks in my lab have implemented features from x10 and x11 into our OGRE3D (x9) engine.

I think people get too hung up on the version of a graphics renderer. The important question is...does the engine have the feature sets you are looking for to make your game.

My thoughts anyway. But then again, I may have completely missed your point.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 15:22
BTW, Minecraft is rendered using OpenGL 3D. LOL! It's the most popular game in the universe.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:48:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:48:54