Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] The System - A FPS Adventure

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2012 20:41 Edited at: 20th Mar 2012 14:02

Edit: third level done, now it has 3 levels!

Edit: Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/thesystemgame

This is a slow game, but with some action parts.

Be sure to listen to the ambient tracks and sounds. Use headphones or a good set of speakers.

This is my first work with FPS, so keep that in mind.

Edit: our first and only official sponsor now is: http://www.MyGoldenRewards.com

Plus, donations are always welcome at the following page: http://thesystem.wusik.com

------------------------

New Version Ready For Download! Now with 3 Levels!

http://www.wusik.com/thesystem/alphadownload/

------------------------

YouTube Beta Trailer Video:

------------------------

Next Level

Next Level

www.TheSystem.wusik.com (Adventure FPS game)
www.MyGoldenRewards.com (Check this out today!)
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2012 20:43
Uploading a video to YouTube...

BTW: could a Moderator check why my images didn't appear? Thanks

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2012 20:47
I love the green ambience, and the game looks awesome! the design is clearly a cave, and while the levels aren't needlessly cluttered, they're detailed. that's something we rarely see around these forums.

I can't download the alpha right now, but I will when I get home and give it a quick play. great job on the screens though williamK, you definitely bring some much needed recognition to the FPSC skills of us brasilians

WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2012 20:58
@Bugsy Thanks bud!

Let me know how the testing goes. On my wife's machine the game is super slow, nearly 1 fps. But its an older machine, bad video-card.

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2012 20:59 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2012 21:01
Do your image files have spaces in their names? That might be why the img tags aren't working...

BTW, looking good so far

WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2012 21:00
Ah, they do, let me fix that, thank you.

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2012 21:13
Loving that 1st screen, really nice menu screen, maybe the best I've seen around here

WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2012 21:18
I used PagePlus X3 from Serif.com for that. (got it for very little money, thanks to a promo they did) Its funny, would never imagine I would use a magazine/book pagination program for this... (my wife uses it for WusikSoundMagazine.com - here job)

Sadly I have to go slowly with this, as I have some RSI problems on my right hand. But since most of the work in FPS is via Mouse and I use the Left hand for mouse (I'm not a lefty, go figure) it helps...

Tomorrow I will work on the official page for the game at Wusik.com and some other things too. And as soon as users report that the game runs and its OK, I will start working on Level 2.

The whole game should be Donationware, so I could release levels as I go. Maybe I will pack levels into single games, like The System Chapter 1, The System Chapter 2, and so on...

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2012 21:41 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2012 21:48
Here's the YouTube beta trailer:

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2012 22:37
Looks nice so far. Could you reduce the screens-sizes to only 800x600? People don't like to have to scroll to see them. Thanks.

-Keith

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 22nd Feb 2012 22:39
I must say I admire the lighting and atmosphere. This is just based on the video amd screenshots. I will be downloading the demo as soon as Im out of the office. Looking forward to hearing how in game music is composed...

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
sick demo why is the demo in 6 different zip files? can we get 1 link with everything please? also i have a quick question how did u get that fog in your level would you mind sharing thoose settings? i can give u a few settings that i have on my pc for smoke and fog? ohh also how did u make the rocks fall and block the door that was awsome! was that done with a triggerzone and dynamic entities? sick demo

WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2012 11:42
Sorry for the multiple files, my internet is very slow for uploads, so uploading a single 120meg file sucks.

Yes, I can share it all, I will try that later today.

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2012 12:27
Here's the source file for the level, does this help you out?

http://www.wusik.com/thesystem/TheSystemLevel0.fpm

If not, let me know. Everything else is in the download you already got: scripts and such.

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2012 12:37
@sic1ne, what are your machine specs, did it run correctly? Just checking, as I want to start the next level soon. And thanks for the comments, glad you like it. Too how long to figure out everything? (don't put details here, ok? Let others figure out on their own, ehehe)

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2012 12:49
Donations are welcome at the following page: http://thesystem.wusik.com

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
@ william thanks for the response dude. i am going to test your demo for you later and ill post a review for you and let you no how it works i have a few computers i can test it on ill give u my pc specs and a review asap!!!!

Northern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2012 23:24
Hello WilliamK,

I have played your game a bit, and if you do not mind I shall do my review on it.

Positive point of the game:

- Opening and Menu screen of the game.

- The suspense soundtrack is really very nice.

- Good scene of the cave or mine.

- The fog effect and rocks rolling down were very cool as well.

- The storyline of the game, moreover, seemed to me satisfactory reminded me the beginning of game Far Cry 1 mixed with something from the TV series Lost.

Points to improve, in my opinion:

- I did not understand why you have used a greenish hue to lighting the cave like a night-vision effect, once there were lamps on the walls and a type of lamp with a fire on the ceiling. Perhaps a more natural lighting would be nicer and would highlight the fog effect.

- During the dialogue with the computer it was mentioned that the player was not a material entity (ethereal entity). However, the player cannot cross fences or walls, which seemed to me a bit contradictory.

- A computer synthesized voice (not a robot like voice, I mean a human voice) reading the text would also be great as well.

- Your suspense music is great. However, it might have a slightly lower volume, and also you could in addition play another music because just one background music playing on loop for a long time becomes a bit annoying.

- Some times I stayed in a little lost because I do not know what to do, for example, in the chamber of the cave with four lamps I have wasted several minutes going back and forth and pressing the Enter key a couple of times next to the lights and nothing happening, I do not know if it was part of puzzle or some sort of bug of the game. In the chamber with grenades on the table, again I was lost after to try to blow around, walls, fences without success, I got tired, and I do not knowing what to do I had been quitting...

I hope this may help you to improve your game level.

Regards,

Northern
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2012 23:58
thanks for the nice comments and tips, Northern.

As for the soundtrack, it is 4 minutes long, but there are several over layered musical compositions and effects, so it shouldn't stay the same.

The part about been a Ghost, well, the story is not over yet, so with time things will make more sense. Specially why everything is "green".

It was a puzzle, the 4 lights, yes, that's something you have to figure out on your own.

The grenade room, did you use the terminal there? After you get out, you need to figure out the final puzzle.

If you want to know what to do, I could email you, don't want to spoil other people game.

I didn't record a voice as I wanted to keep this game simple, otherwise it would complicate things too much, and if it failed, I would have wasted too much time. This way I can finish it sooner and see how it goes. If people like it, I will invest more time on it. Currently my right hand hurts, RSI problems, so I have to work slow...

Thanks again.

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2012 00:00
Darn, I can't email you, there's no option on your profile. Anyway, if you really want to complete this level, let me know, I help you out.

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2012 00:08
One thing I also want to change is the life-health graphics, for something better, just need to figure that out.

The second level is where things get more "crazy". Still designing it on my head...

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2012 00:09
@KeithC, sorry it took me so long, but I reduced the size of the screenshots, thanks for the tip, it did make the forum look bad on my monitor with the screens too big.

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2012 01:22
I few things I will improve prob tomorrow or so, as I tested the game more.

- Terminal Chat: add more delay after each enter so it doesn't skip a line, and, if possible, Backspace returns a line of the dialog. (I think its possible, but I have to check)

- The 4 lights puzzle, its very hard to position yourself in a way that the Click ENTER message show, I have to improve that too.

- Found an error on one of the texts where it says An should be A, I have to fix that typo. If anyone else found another typo, please, let me know.

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2012 19:50
Ok, I fixed several things in the game, thanks for all the reports, and I'm uploading the new version now, will take a while. This time I'm uploading the whole game folder and will have the internet server compress to a single ZIP file. (I did this before, it works) ZIP is not as good as RAR, but at least it will be a single file for download.

What changed:

- fixed some script problems
- screen-hud and hud-message now matches the whole game font+color
- Terminal Chat: Backspace will go back to the previous line (in case you hit ENTER by mistake)
- New Locked doors that requires Keys with better on-screen hud messages
- The second music with soft-drums now plays sooner
- Better puzzle-room, now its much easier to handle it
- Better puzzle path for this I moved a terminal to another area and locked a door in a different way, you will get this once you play

As soon as the new files are ready, I will post again and update the video and screenshots...

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2012 20:10
Just updated the screenshots above, hit F5 to see the new ones.

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
Pvt_Classified
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2012 22:55
Nice work. I think that the scenery could use some more variety though. I can understand that RSI would make it take longer, but since it appears that you are using the cave pack I would suggest adding more rock formations. Everything seems just a little too lean-cut to me.

Keep up the good work.

Pvt.

Pvt_Classified at http://assembledpirateswithblowtorches.weebly.com/
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2012 23:01
Thanks Pvt, but I like it that way, and plus, the whole Level uses 1.89 Gig already, so not much room for improves. :-(

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm always a fan of the weird and exciting! I'm loving the pics... but might I suggest recoloring the fire decal?
If you have Paint.net, Gimp, or Photoshop, this could be done easily and it would look brilliant!

When I get the time to relax from releasing my game, I will certainly try this game out!

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2012 01:18
Thanks bud, but I don't want to change the color of the fire, I like it that way. As I said before, as things evolve the whole "green" look will make more sense.

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2012 09:43
Here we go, new Beta version!!

http://www.wusik.com/thesystem/alphadownload/TheSystem.zip

Please, let me know if this runs ok.

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2012 13:35 Edited at: 25th Feb 2012 13:36
I'm working on the final version of this first level, so, please, if anyone still got some ideas, please, let me know.

I replaced the monitor graphic from all terminals to a more "dusty old" one. Below is how it will look in the next beta.

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2012 21:39 Edited at: 25th Feb 2012 21:40
Working on the next level now... Here's a teaser.

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2012 21:41
The water has a few piranhas... eeehhe...

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2012 21:41
Ah, the screenshot is from the test-level, so its not showing the final hud.

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I know you want people to post but the forums just aren't as active as they used to be. I'm pretty sure the mods slap people for excessive
post spamming your thread (or any thread for that matter). I just though I would give you a friendly heads up.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2012 11:53
Ahh, ok, good to know. Not sure if you mean I was posting too much, but I get excited and I post like nuts. I will calm down.

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow nice concept I ever see man.It seem you have some originality and style.Since I really interested with this project so I have one question,what is this game about?

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,Rolfy,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2012 13:59
Thanks bud!

This game is been done as I go, so I don't know exactly where it will go.

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "This game is been done as I go, so I don't know exactly where it will go."

Ohhh.So I wish you luck with this project and I hope I can see more progress of this game.

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,Rolfy,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2012 17:48
This is shaping up to be something a little out of the ordinary, a rare thing around here these days

WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2012 20:29
Thanks bud! I hope I can keep working on this for a long time.

The next level is still in the works, but the visual is already good.

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 13:54
New video and screenshots posted, check the first post for details.

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 13:59
Next Level Screenshots

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 14:00
I will upload the new files for the game later today, we have a big power-blackout yesterday and until now the internet was ultra slow for some related reason I guess...

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 18:46 Edited at: 1st Mar 2012 18:46
And here's the second level soundtrack on Soundcloud, please, leave some comments. This track is different from the one in the game, its actually 2 music-backgrounds glued together and a louder mastering volume.

http://soundcloud.com/william-kalfelz/thesystem-wusik-com-a-freeware

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 23:04 Edited at: 1st Mar 2012 23:06
New Version Ready For Download! Now with 2 Levels!

http://www.wusik.com/thesystem/alphadownload/

For those who dislike downloading multiple files:

http://www.wusik.com/thesystem/alphadownload.zip
(the file above has the multiple files but ZIPed into a single file)

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking great mate,I really like the HUD Health and Lives.It's fit with your game.The video is also awesome and great.So keep it up man

WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 15:15
Guys, what about the second Level? Did you test it out? I wonder how the watter plays out and if the whole thing is playable.

I should start working on the next level soon, but it will take a bit longer to finish this time...

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2012 20:53
Next Level Done

Will upload the new game, which now has 3 complete levels, tonight/tomorrow.

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2012 23:50

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:45:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:45:48