Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 15th Apr 2013 23:39
@Ekipshi, thanks for the advice. I triple checked to make sure all values are the same. My game still crashed. So what I did was just rebuild the level that was giving me issues and it's working!

@007, I think I'll wait for the official 1.20. The framerate difference between v1.19 and some of the v1.20 betas is huge so I will continue testing with v1.20 beta 15 for now. The build is working now and I've added some screenshots of some of the levels that will be in the demo.

Orion City

Faction Base

Forest Level

There's A LOT MORE coming this week. Maybe I'll do another video.

Thanks for the support everyone!

Landman

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2013 00:09
It reminds me of this game . Great job Landman i will be sure to give you a review on the demo

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2013 16:54
This is looking incredible!

Landman do you have an email address that I can send you a message to?

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 16th Apr 2013 17:07 Edited at: 4th Aug 2022 23:51
@Tomahawk, thanks. Robolegs 2 will be on par with Hawken. I'm planning on using the Cry Engine 3 or Unity.

@Soviet176, I'm glad you like it. its really appreciated. You can email me at ******

@everyone, there will be more screenshots this evening.

Landman
Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2013 19:47
@landman: sound great I have used both but I have found it hard because of the lack of starting models and knowledge of scripting required.

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2013 00:39
Outstanding images there which show a great use of different environments to keep a user wanting to progress to the next level.
Great to hear you are progressing past those issues you were getting with the FPSC buid process and I am looking forward to seeing more.
Good luck Landman.
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes man, trully awesome those screenshots. I think this is another session of "i can`t believe it is FPSC"...

Goldenye 007 N64
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2013 19:26
My inner critic would like to say that this would look less stunning if you think away the robot cockpit but that doesnt matter here. ...the robot cockpit is there and its cool!

It looks pretty retro and reminds of my favorite game as a kid: Mechwarrior 3.
I can see a lot of diversity here and if you add interesting objectives and if the robot feels responisve this could be a true masterpiece!!
I keep keeping an eye on this and hope to see some more.
My only real complaint would be that you could give your indoor scenes a bit more interesting lighting but hey! Thats totally up to you. Its a great game and uses FPSC in a very creative way.

-Wolf

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
Without struggle,no progress and no result.Every breaking of habit produces a change in the machine.
Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2013 20:35
Just an idea, not sure if you implemented it, but i would write a script for when the player walks for the camera to shake slightly.

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 17th Apr 2013 23:22
@danieleman, just down graded to v1.20 beta 15 and the frames per second have gone up by 20fps. I built the game and all the stages work perfect. So I'll be testing the game on beta 15 for now.

@Tomahawk, that's done already. When ever there's a step there is a camera shake. So your idea is spot on. This is just getting better and better!

@Everyone, while you play as a Mech Pilot you will be able to command a squad of soldiers to attach the enemy. Thanks to Dark AI! I've been testing and it works flawlessly.

I <3 FPSC! The community has restored my faith in this piece of software.

If it wasn't for TGC, I wouldn't have ever dreamed of making a career of this. Wait till you all see my next project.

Thank you to everyone for being so helpful!!!!

Landman.

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 17th Apr 2013 23:27
@Wolf, sorry for the double post. There are only 2 indoor maps in the game. That'll be the mid level boss and the end level boss. But you're right. The thing is, The indoor levels are integrated into the indoor levels. So you move from indoor to outdoor quite frequently on some levels. I agree with you 100% but the indoor levels consist of 5% of the game. So I'll add a few entities here and there to make it more "believable". Thanks for the advice. Out of you and a couple of other talented FPSC users, I really REALLY appreciate the feedback.

Landman

loler
Years of Service
User Offline
this looks stunning. really nice work you've done there. But i have one question: does the camera rotates slow when you look left or right and do you move slow like in other mech games ? would be intresting to know i wish you great luck for the further process with your game.

Greetings loler

its not a bug its a feature
SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 18th May 2013 00:25
@loler, I'm not sure if there are any commands to influence how the camera moves when the mouse changes it's coordinates. But as of now, the camera does shake when the mech steps.

I've got one level to design and then need to do some cut scene animations for each level. Hmmmm... it's taking so long... but it will be so worth it.

@everyone else, do you know what commands I could use to reduce/delay the camera movement of the player view? So if the player moves the mouse then the view only moves a split second afterwards?

Landman

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
I would create a script like this:

:state=0,keypressed=17 1:plrdisable=100,state=2
:state=2,keypressed=17 0:state=0

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 13th Jun 2013 00:13
Hey all, just giving this thread a bump. I'll have more progress done this weekend along with screenshots. I'm just finalizing the level designs on the final maps then getting the Ai to respond correctly in each map along with each map's objectives.

Any beta testers up for grabs?

Landman

PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2013 06:34
Quote: "Any beta testers up for grabs?"

I'd like to, if you don't mind.

http://pixeleater.me
General Discussion Forums
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2013 09:17
Sure, I'd help test a game.

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!
raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2013 15:13
I can help with some testing if your still looking for it.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2013 16:11
Sure! If you want a thorough test

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
Without struggle,no progress and no result.Every breaking of habit produces a change in the machine.
SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 17th Aug 2013 01:01 Edited at: 17th Aug 2013 01:08
Hey all! Long time no read.

The RAM in my computer decided to stop working so I haven't made any progress on Robolegs. I've finally got cash together to get my PC sorted out properly.

My plan is to just polish off the 12 maps for Robolegs that I have completed and that will be the final game. Complete the voice overs and that's it. Release the game.

Robolegs 2 is going to purely multiplay but that's still on the drawing board.

I know this is off topic, but I just recently finished my first HTML5 game. So the last two weeks have been my first to weeks as a "professional" game designer. Haha! It'll be up for download on Google Play and Apple App Store. Will tell you all about it.

This was kind of a *bump* to prevent the thread from being locked.

An awesome robot once said: I'll be back

Landman

danieleman
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The RAM in my computer decided to stop working so I haven't made any progress on Robolegs. I've finally got cash together to get my PC sorted out properly.

My plan is to just polish off the 12 maps for Robolegs that I have completed and that will be the final game. Complete the voice overs and that's it. Release the game."

can't wait for that haha

MY ENGLISH IS NOT GOOD LIKE YOURS.
SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 26th Sep 2013 01:01
Could all beta testers email me at Chris [at] Mypixelbox [dot] net. I'll send a URL this weekend once I've uploaded the demo.

There are 9 levels and a final boss battle.

Landman

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 11th Dec 2013 22:04
Just letting everyone know, this game isn't dead. It's basically done but now I'm testing it with a new mod (by s4real) which seems to have improved the performance quite significantly.

Landman

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 4th Mar 2014 22:39
Bumb so this thread doesn't close.

mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2014 04:03
saw this thread a bit earlier and was very impressed; forgot to tag in that time so it fell off the radar - I'm tagging in now as it looks like it's shaping up to be something special. Keep up the good work. This may end up being more popular with the recent Titanfall release.

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 24th Apr 2014 16:01
Hey all!

File game has been released... Check the Showcase Thread to download the Full version here

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2014 04:19
awesome!

Don't waste your life
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2014 04:58
Maybe its time for a Robolegs Reloaded now
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2014 09:58
Quote: "Maybe its time for a Robolegs Reloaded now "

HERE HERE!

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:17:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:17:09