Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / [LOCKED] Star Trek Enterprise B Extraction Force Delta

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2012 19:48 Edited at: 4th Mar 2012 10:38
Don't bother. Tee hee hee. You want to try my game, send me a civilized e-mail request for the program. E-mail to ras6711@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

Rich

Richard
zootan
Years of Service
User Offline
Tried to play but i cant read the instructions/controls page .When i zoom in the image remains the same resolution and is unreadable.
you will need to remake the whole page image as large as you can in the paint prog to get it to work . Simply scaling the image will not increase the image resolution and it looks very pixely .

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rasdini
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2012 04:11 Edited at: 4th Mar 2012 10:41
Just so you know, the image is never scaled in the program. I just make object plain and texture it. Then I increase,decrease it's distance from the camera.

Richard
Penfold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2012 19:11 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2012 03:43
Firstly , I'd like to see a screen shot on here.

Secondly was it odne in DBasic or another program.

Thirdly, zootan was trying to give you constructive critisism about a potential problem. Constructive critisism is a hard thing to come by so dont push it away too lightly.

Sorry but untill you showcase it properly I wont be linking off to a new page to look at it..

<edited> or try the link here

[href=null]https://ishare.sphorium.com/ms/link.aspx?profileLinkID=cc0e635a-8111-4766-910e-7685b3324b0c[/href]

'Ooh 'eck chief'...'crumbs'
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2012 15:52
Quote: "Firstly , I'd like to see a screen shot on here."

+1

Rasdini
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2012 05:15 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2012 03:36
Tee hee hee hee hee

Richard
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2012 17:15
Quote: "First of all, every time I have ever tried posting an image it always fails. Even times when I get it to work, and I think I got it, a day later I check it out and the image is gone. So, don't give me your prissy I gotta have this I gotta have that. Stick that crap where the sun don't shine, cause I don't care. You don't want to try it, don't try it and stop acting like a spoiled punk 'cause you ain't breaking my heart. Until TGC comes up with an easier simpler method of posting pics, sorry, you ain't getting it. The image zootan is talking about, looks crystal clear in my program. Not my fault his computer has direct x issues. As far as what it was done in, hello mister don't pay attention, where are you. Of course it is done in DB Pro. WOW, I swear, I'll never post another program if you people want to keep coming off like your my daddy scolding me. I am 47 years old, been writing machine code since the 1970's since computers were too slow for basic. Now computers are fast enough and Lee Bamber and the guys at TGC have put out a terrific product I love. Since you won't try the program, you can't be amazed with me telling you the whole program was written without using one, not one three d math formula, matter of fact, I used absolutely no formulas at all. Just load the game and try it. You don't like it, who cares. At least you got to try it. But no, you'll allow your snobby stuck up attitude to deny you trying, what I think turned out to be a pretty good game. If your not going to download it and try it, then don't post anything on my page, you haven't earned the right! Oh and as far as the page my link takes you to, it's my Ayos i-share account on my myspace page. So, thanks for insinuating I would engage in malicious acts towards you or anyone else at TGC. You know the more I talk about it the more I realize I just don't like you penfold, so stop visiting any post you see that says rasdini, cause that's my post, your here me, my post. Snob."

LOL ....and ROFL

Quote: "First of all, every time I have ever tried posting an image it always fails"

Save a screenshot from your game, convert it to .jpg or .png and then attach it to a post. Then view that image by clicking on view button on that post, copy the url of that opened image and then edit your first post ->click on the image button and as the url put the url of the opened image. That way image is stored on tgc servers and it will be always visible. You can also use imageshack.

Quote: "Until TGC comes up with an easier simpler method of posting pics, sorry, you ain't getting it."

It couldn't be any more simple!

Quote: "Of course it is done in DB Pro. WOW, I swear, I'll never post another program if you people want to keep coming off like your my daddy scolding me."

Some people don't understand that this forum is only for applications made in TGC software so they post whatever they made. Thats why he asked that!!

Quote: "Since you won't try the program"

Some pepple don't have time to download and try whatever is posted on the forums. Including me. Before i download and try i want to SEE if it is worth downloading!

Rasdini
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2012 21:23 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2012 03:36
Tee hee hee hee hee hee

Richard
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2012 21:35
Quote: "Well aren't you special Brendy boy."

My mother says i am. I believe her

Quote: "As far as getting a screen shot, not a problem, I could use my HyperCam and make a video of the game, but posting it never works"

There's a button called "PrtSc" on your keyboard and is used for making screenshots. Press it once while you play your game, paste it in paint, save it as png and attach it to your post. It's that simple

Quote: "I build houses during the day, play piano, guitar, write songs, write video games, play a ton of golf, paint landscapes in acrylics, I'm an inventor and a visionary. Author of "Our Communist America, A Time for Change or A Time for Chains."(Don't believe me, go to myspace.com/rasdini where you can see my paintings, download my songs and games I've written)and dedicate the rest of my time to my cat,"

Quote: " If not, I'm going to close out all my threads and never come back to TGC forums again."

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Calm down Rasdini. Most people like to see screenshots. I'm not posting here to razz you, but there are plenty of ways to post pics on this forum. There are 3rd party pic sites that you can upload your images to and then embed them in your post.

The fastest code is the code never written.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 01:50 Edited at: 1st Mar 2012 02:04
Nobody was actually trying to get your back up, at least not until you started getting defensive. Penfold wasn't trying to pick on you or anything like that and his statements have logic.

Screenshots: They entice people to download. Some people don't download stuff until they know what they're downloading. Screenshots help. Seriously, if you're looking for feedback screenshots will do you favours. Okay, you struggle to upload them, perhaps ask for assistance a LOT of people on this forum are very helpful. Even though you've not asked, I'll still tell you a good method for posting images here: Upload a jpg or png to Photobucket.com, out of the list of links, copy the one next to 'IMG Code' and paste that into here. TGC Forums doesn't like '%' in the URL, so if you make folders on PB, just avoid using spaces.
Your image code should look similar to (but without spaces):
[ img]www.yoursite.com/image.jpg[/img ]

If you still find it's not working, you might even find somebody kind enough to make screen shots for you and upload them. You never know until you ask.

Language: This may help direct any feedback. Whilst you feel the fact you're using DBP to be blatantly obvious. Yes the forums have their own sections for AppGameKit and FPSC showcases, but DBP isn't TGC's only other game development product. You could have been using DGDK, DBC or DGDK.Net and each work differently and each have projects in this section of the forum. If say, somebody had ideas on why Zootan had problems they might be able to offer solutions for the tool you're using. If a person asks for what language you used, they're not insulting you nor are they trying to wind you up, they're just curious.

I was actually interested when I saw the title (not a Trekkie, but I enjoy sci-fi related stuff), whilst I am a person who prefers to see screenshots first, I think I am a little put off because I could offer you some honest feedback about your demo and have it thrown back in my face. Not trying to be harsh or wind you up, but it is a turn off and I figure I ought to at least be honest about it.

I like being helpful and I think it's a shame this thread has gotten off to a bad start, maybe that can change and maybe I might play your game and offer the best feedback I can.

[edit]

Just came across an earlier thread of a Star Trek game you've done, you managed to get screenshots up (with help, granted) and whilst I can't see most of them, I can see 1 of them. I suspect your image host isn't allowing you to link them here. As I said earlier in my post, give Photobucket a go, I've never had my images not show up. Even stuff I posted 6/7 years ago still appears.

Rasdini
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 12:05 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2012 03:37
Tee hee hee hee hee hee hee

Richard
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 13:09 Edited at: 1st Mar 2012 13:10
Actually nobody was scolding you until you started getting shirty with them. Heck, I wasn't even scolding you, I was just trying to explain what Penfold said made sense (because YOU scolded him for it and threw insults at him) and to get you to calm down.

The very first post you took offence to was actually making suggestions NOT putting you down. I suspect as you posted your game here you wanted feedback and it sounds like you still want it, the suggestions were there to increase your chances of getting more people interested, himself included. Yes, screenshots aren't required by the AUP, but they do help. The people uploaded those screenshots in your last thread because they thought it'd be helpful and chances are a mod edited your original post to put one in.

If you hadn't jumped in with flames and throwing out insults but simply said, "I can never get screenshots to work, would anybody be willing to help?" I might have jumped in and helped, if my advice wasn't helpful then I might have even posted them for you and given you the IMG code to put in your original post (I'm not a mod so I can't edit your post for you). But I don't help people who feel the need to directly insult people or put them down, I think this forum could do without that kind of behaviour, so I'm not going to encourage it. I might have even gone as far as giving you feedback.

But then I'm not sure exactly what your problem is. I think you've totally taken comments the wrong way. So please chill out because people aren't trying to wind you up, well Brendy Boy might have been trolling you a little bit but then you did start throwing out insults at people so can you really be surprised that you'd get a negative response for it?

It's very difficult to tell a person's tone on the internet and I often see people take things the wrong way, I've found myself being misinterpreted when I've been as chilled as a frozen penguin. Heck, I've even been guilty of the misinterpreting. It's an easy mistake to do, particularly when something could be implicit.

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Too much anger, this one has, yes?

zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 18:41 Edited at: 1st Mar 2012 18:41
Quote: "I'll release my games on myspace from mow on and that will be it. Screw you spoiled punks, I'm too old and life is too short to deal with punks."

And all 2 of your myspace buddies will be thrilled. And yes you are too old. Too old to act the way you are. My daughter is 2 1/2 and is more behaved than you.

I feel that this is appropriate in more than one way:

Penfold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2012 03:39
Quote: "I am 47 years old, been writing machine code since the 1970's since computers were too slow for basic. "

but you still have difficulty posting a screenshot?

Quote: "Lee Bamber and the guys at TGC have put out a terrific product I love."

Possibly the only thig I'll agree with you on.

Quote: "But no, you'll allow your snobby stuck up attitude to deny you trying, what I think turned out to be a pretty good game. If your not going to download it and try it, then don't post anything on my page, you haven't earned the right!"

My snobby stuck up attitude? I requested a screen shot, a small bit of additional information and for you to give another member of the forum a break. And yes I've earned the right to post on your page.. you can write on mine too if you like.

Quote: "Oh and as far as the page my link takes you to, it's my Ayos i-share account on my myspace page. So, thanks for insinuating I would engage in malicious acts towards you or anyone else at TGC. "

As you've been quite happy to point out I dont know you and I dont like th idea of opening any form of zip file without having a fairly good idea of whats in it. If youve been using home computers since the 70's I would have thought you would have done the same. I didnt accue you of anything. I reserve the right not to go viral.

Quote: "You know the more I talk about it the more I realize I just don't like you penfold"

I think the more you talk the more a lot of people don't like you.

Quote: "Snob"

thats probably the one thing I'm least likely to get called.

Quote: "I build houses during the day, play piano, guitar, write songs, write video games, play a ton of golf, paint landscapes in acrylics, I'm an inventor and a visionary. Author of "Our Communist America, A Time for Change or A Time for Chains."(Don't believe me, go to myspace.com/rasdini where you can see my paintings, download my songs and games I've written)and dedicate the rest of my time to my cat,"

Lucky, I'm 32 have a business I have to run 7 days a week with a 6-figure turnover. I've wrote various articals for different magazines printed over the last 2 decades the first printed when I was 12. I have completed the first 2 novels in a triptic and plan to have them both published when the third is finished. I prefer Pastel to Acrylics a my work has more flow although I have just started on digital art. I've had 2 unique artex coving designs go into production ove the last 5 years. A group of 3 of us have a customizable card game that is currently being addapted for the mass market and should hopefully be in shops next year. I am howver tone deaf so you got me on that.... and as far as your cat - I have a girlfriend which the majority of my spare time goes on.

Quote: "You might be a grown up for all I know, but your amazingly child-like. It would be nice if you just removed your post, so I can remove these responses. If not, I'm going to close out all my threads and never come back to TGC forums again. Hell, maybe I'll never purchase another TGC product"

32, your acting like a child and just making yourself look like an idiot. If you never buy a TCG product again that would be - your loss.

Quote: "no one cares that you noticed no screen shot."

Well erm, yeah actually they did.

Quote: "I have to drive 2 hours to the house I'm building"

you say that like noone else in the world does anything.

Quote: "Screw you spoiled punks, I'm too old and life is too short to deal with punks."
Maybe Richard, If your daddy had given you a scolding or two when you were a kid you wouldn't have turned out quite the person you are today. And next time you think your life is too short please feel free not to reply and waste your own time and ours.

I don't like flaming people, but for you i can make an exception.

Penfold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2012 03:41
Even better youve deleted your original posts and made yourself look even more like a jockey.

zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2012 03:47
Penfold, at least you got the good stuff quoted. Tee heeeeeee =D

Penfold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2012 03:48
Yes Teee hee Hee... (a witty schoolgirl laugh)

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2012 04:16 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2012 04:17
*Sigh* I guess there's no reasoning with some people. Given his last thread he was pretty civil and communicated well with members I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what went wrong here. But if he's going to throw tantrums over the slightest little thing and directly insult people and when people try to reason, just continue acting like a child. I don't like people being discouraged from posting here, because any problem can be solved, but good riddance.

I can't stand people who put others down, especially when they're being helpful.

Rasdini
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2012 11:24 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2012 01:48
Blah blah blah

Richard
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2012 12:19 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2012 14:02
[edit]

It's about your insulting other people who weren't actually berating you (not until you starting insulting them), not screenshots.

If you can lay off the insults I will test your game, post screenshots and give you feedback. If you continue with this charade, then I will simply not help you.

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "and I can't get images to post"

I know some people have that problem. You could post images to facebook and point us to that..... Just a suggestion.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2012 21:59 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2012 13:15
In a Frankie Howard voice... Owh eeyya titter ye not!

zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2012 00:21
It's a shame. I dig me some Star Trek. You probably could have got some pretty decent feedback from the folks around here if you hadn't assumed everyone was out to get you from the start. I would remove you're contact info if I were you. Good way to get spam in your email and start having telemarketers start calling your phone.

Penfold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2012 00:38
Fantastic , I love it when someone gives me material to work with..

Quote: "You people are just bags of wind spewing the same crap over and over. Talk about broken records. "

Try reading yor own posts sometimes.

Quote: "Your non-productive complaining lackeys, and you feel if you say that about me, it somehow makes you feel better about yourselves. Freud called that projection, saying about others what is really true about yourselves. It is one of the oldest defense mechanism in the world."

Yes I see some good example of projection on this page. I guess you were bottle fed then?

Quote: "I'm guessing the average age among you guys must be less than 30 because you all are acting like spoiled little children, ruining my post with your demands for adherence to unwritten guidelines and unqualified assessments of me."

Actually no demands were made only requests. I guess you must be qualified in something due to your Freudian comments. (Or not)

Quote: "In my opinion, your a bunch of complaining punks, who won't take your garbage off my post. Just look at the post. You people have ruined it."

Um no you ruined it by not being civil to people and being generally rude and dismissive to everyones responces.
Besides it very hard to ruin a two line post, one of which is a link

Quote: "So, man up kids and delete your useless post from my page so I can restore my link, so those who actually want to try the game can."

I'm afraid not its a pulic area and you have offended myself and several others with your mindless incoherant rants. If you don't like being responded to in this way maybe you should change your attitude.

Quote: "Now, if you don't mind, I'm off to be a grown up and build houses. Make sure your mommies pack you lunches kids."

Is that Lego, Duplo or you still with Stickle-Bricks... And I'm sure my late mother would have loved to pack me lunch and I would have made sure I ate it.

...And as far as posting your name address and number... Your an idiot. Most 10 year olds know this is a dumb move. Just in case that was some sort of subtle stategy to get me to post my name and address - you failed.

Rasdini
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2012 01:05 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2012 01:49
Blah blah blah blah

Richard
Penfold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2012 01:32
Quote: "This is the only time I have ever had this problem. You can't say it's"

Using that logic it isnt me either, must be the rest of the worlds fault.'I cant even consider that I may actually be at fault.'

Quote: "Sorry, but logic dictates that it had to be you people who ruined this post, not me. I never ruined one before."

As they say first time for everything.What logic? 'I can't take the blame so it must be everyone else?'

Quote: "My first reply was about an image issue, which I simply said, has to be his system or some glitch with it. If I adjust the image to work for him, it won't work for anyone else. That's why I suggested he edit the image himself until it worked. I simply said I have no luck posting screen shots, that was all."

As you deleted all your posts its difficult to see anything other than what youve been quoted. You actually didnt say you had no luck - you said
Quote: "First of all, every time I have ever tried posting an image it always fails. Even times when I get it to work, and I think I got it, a day later I check it out and the image is gone. So, don't give me your prissy I gotta have this I gotta have that. Stick that crap where the sun don't shine, cause I don't care. You don't want to try it, don't try it and stop acting like a spoiled punk 'cause you ain't breaking my heart. Until TGC comes up with an easier simpler method of posting pics, sorry, you ain't getting it. "

Quote: "I was the one who was being "told" to post the screen shot or said individual won't try it."
atually I said
Quote: "I'd like to see a screen shot on here."
and
Quote: "Sorry but untill you showcase it properly I wont be linking off to a new page to look at it.."

Quote: "Said individual then insinuated that I would launch some malicious attack against my fellow programmers."
when I actually said]
Quote: "As you've been quite happy to point out I dont know you and I dont like th idea of opening any form of zip file without having a fairly good idea of whats in it. If youve been using home computers since the 70's I would have thought you would have done the same. I didnt accue you of anything. I reserve the right not to go viral."
in responce to you saying
Quote: "Oh and as far as the page my link takes you to, it's my Ayos i-share account on my myspace page. So, thanks for insinuating I would engage in malicious acts towards you or anyone else at TGC."
which was all because i said I didnt want to link off to another page.

Quote: "I haven't heard so much as a please, or could you, or can I help"

I like how you even lie to yourself. Seppuku Arts repeatadly said he would help you if you calmed down a bit. Oh and by the way - If someone says 'I'd like you to' its interchangable with 'Could you'.

Quote: "No one is getting anything from me."

I asked for a screen shot, some information and for you to back off another forum member.All we got was abuse.

Quote: "I will not be posting any more of my programs ever again on TGC."
Your loss, but then if you cant take critisism to help improve yourself then there is no pont posting here anyway.

Quote: "Good bye and thank God I can go back to my life."

Enjoy your Cat!!

Rasdini
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll make you a deal, get rid of all that crap above, as I have. Replace every reply with tee hee hee or delete them if possible just as I have done. Then and only then Will I start this thread over, and put a valid link to the program. I will not be posting a screen shot, but if you would like to, you can place a screen shot for me. Also, let me assure you, my link is to my Ayos i-share folder and nothing more. There are no viruses or malicious assault tools involved whatsoever and I would never do that to anyone in the world, not even my worst enemy.

Sincerely,

The Richard Sardini outreach program. Civility, no nit picking.

Richard
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2012 02:02 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2012 02:06
The problem derives from a misinterpretation of what Penfold's reply was followed by your going out of your way to personally insult him because you thought he was ordering your around and insinuating something bad about you, when he actually did neither.

The sole reason this spun out of control was because you chose to insult people. No two ways about it. If you felt Penfold was implying something bad about you or was bossing you about, the mature thing to do would have been to clarify what he meant by it. Asking for clarification is the easiest way to avoid a misunderstanding.

You can either man up, admit you overreacted, take up my offer and continue to enjoy these forums and get along with members and find that everything flows under the bridge really quickly.

Or continue behaving the way you are and find a mod will eventually stumble upon this thread and realise that your behaviour has broken section 3.11 of the AUP, as I'm sure their interpretation of the rules will count your posts as 'putting members down'. Knowing them, they can be quite lenient if somebody settles down and refrains from repeat offences.

And I see you've posting during the time I wrote this. *reading through your comments*

Penfold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2012 02:04
Quote: "I'll make you a deal, get rid of all that crap above, as I have. Replace every reply with tee hee hee or delete them if possible just as I have done. Then and only then Will I start this thread over, and put a valid link to the program. I will not be posting a screen shot, but if you would like to, you can place a screen shot for me. Also, let me assure you, my link is to my Ayos i-share folder and nothing more. There are no viruses or malicious assault tools involved whatsoever and I would never do that to anyone in the world, not even my worst enemy.

Sincerely,

The Richard Sardini outreach program. Civility, no nit picking."

I'm sorry? you wasted my time hurling insults and you want me to just delete all the posts I made so you can look better in peoples eyes? Maybe you should have thought about that before your first post of abusive comments. Seppuku offered you the olive branch and you decided to continue on this other path. I'm afraid I refuse to delete my posts on principle. People call me stubborn and that for me is why I get things done and why people dont mess me about for a second time. Treat this as a lesson. And if you dont want this post to continue I advise not replying to this post and creating a new WIP post for this project.

It is good that you finally realise your mistake.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2012 02:15 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2012 02:15
I'm happy to have it go in a civil direction, because that's exactly what should happen. Now, I know you might not like what happened in this thread and of course you'd rather it be clean and unfortunately what has been done has been done. Whilst I want civility and would be happy for you to stick around and post and for the issue to pass and for civility to remain, I don't think removing posts is a good idea. I would like to say 'yes' because it could mean a fresh start, but I'm not about to make myself a hypocrite.

However, Penfold has made a decent alternative suggestion, perhaps a mod could lock this thread and let you have your new thread and it'll be fresh. Of course a mod has the final say in that matter as they don't tend to like duplicate threads, but they're not an unreasonable bunch.

Would that be better?

Rasdini
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2012 10:04 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2012 10:43
What do you guys want me to say. I demanded of myself to post a screen shot. I made the accusation that I would put a virus or malicious software in a post or a link to it. Sorry guys, but if you feel insulted, maybe it's because your insult-able. Do I have a right to defend myself, YES. Do I have a right to say I don't like people trashing my post with things that have absolutely nothing to do with the program itself. YES. I give you an option. Edit your post. Put screen shots there instead of the crap that is there. Will you do it. No. Instead of helping me out and posting screenies to help entice others, your claim, you go on and on until anyone visiting the post could care less about my program. Your stubbornness ensures that my post will remain trashed for all eternity. I reach out with an olive branch, and you people slap me in the face. Those who perpetuate the behavior, are those who started it. Your reference to my screen shot comment that was copied and pasted, was the 2nd or 3rd comment I had made regarding screen shots. It was snide, because I got sick of talking about screen shots. The only person I have an ounce of respect for here is ZOOTAN. The only one who bothered to even try. The only one that never replied back or wasted my space ragging for a screen shot. Seppuku, I respect you my friend, and you seem to be a reasonable person, you can be my plenipotentiary any time, you are an excellent diplomat. Penfold, your the culprit that started this whole thing. I gave you a chance to fix your mistake. Did you try? Not at all. You chose to use it as an opportunity to twist my words around to make it look like I admit wrong doing, when if you read the post, it is easy to see I never said I did anything wrong. When I attempt to resolve this with a MOD, it will be easy for them to look at my post and agree, no one was posting anything relative to my game in any way shape or form, but rather, wasting valuable space. If I say your acting like a spoiled punk, and you take it personal, there is a reason for that. Especially when there was never a name referenced in any insult. And yes I will say it now, Penfold, your a punk. Straight up punk.

Richard
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2012 13:24 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2012 14:36
[edit] post was too long, I've made it more concise.

It's very simple, there was no putting down to begin with. Your reactions are what turned the thread the way it did. With the hurling of insults, you will get the responses you did. People aren't going to take insults sitting down and chances are they'll retaliate.

Your 'olive branch' hasn't been refused, no slapping in the face has occurred. I will not remove my posts because I don't believe in censoring myself, if I have no choice it's a different matter. Penfold said he has his principles too.

This is why we offered option 2. It's not a refusal to help, it's just an improvement on your offer.

We don't have to help you out, especially after how you responded. I offered help much earlier on the in thread too. How you responded is a direct violation of section 3:11 of the AUP, so there's chance if a mod sees this thread that they will not be on your side.

Basically I will not help anybody out if they go out of their way to put others down (and although you're trying to be civil now, you're still putting people down). I think the world would be a much better place without people who put others down. Hence I don't encourage such behaviour by helping such people.

If I see you take up my offer I will honour my word. But, I'm not going to waste more time with this discussion.

Rasdini
Years of Service
User Offline
Goodbye.

Richard
Penfold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2012 20:52
Bah I cant be bothered with this narcassistic drool.

REQUESTING: Can a mod lock this before it gets even more out of hand?

Rasdini
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 01:47 Edited at: 4th Mar 2012 01:47
You mean lock it so you will stop posting useless messages no one cares about, and stop waisting space on my post. You're done pal.

Richard
zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 02:25
Rasdini, you have called people snobs, punks, spoiled, prissy, stuck up, and have completely embarrassed yourself with your incorrigible attitude. I am pretty sure Penfold wants it closed so that you will stop trolling your own thread. Also, I am pretty sure that the Mods can read the original posts that you have edited out and if they did decide to waste their time reading them, they will be able to see who the snobby, spoiled, prissy, stuck up punk is in here.

You are a disgrace to Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway, and every other Captain that has graced the universe with their presence. Riker would stare at you with his evil eye and probably want to smack you in your ear for acting so ridiculous.

I think the only thing you would have had to do to get a little respect in here is to show a little humility.

Rasdini
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 03:10 Edited at: 4th Mar 2012 03:14
Yeah, you haven't waisted any of my space on this thread zeroslave, your just as big a culprit as penfold. Go ahead, waist more.

Oh, and nice try insulting my feelings on the myspace comment, but I dont have myspace for friends idiot, that's what my facebook account is for. My myspace is for people to come and have access to my intellectual property. Your all losers and could learn something by visiting any of my numerous post. More numerous and relevant and more programs than probably any of you losers.

Richard
Rasdini
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 03:40 Edited at: 5th Mar 2012 12:49
Nice try zeroslave, editing out your last post and your snide mean attempt to insult me because I only have two friends on myspace. You removed your insult, because you know exactly who you are, and who you are trying to hide from the moderators. I will not show humility to you. You deserve nothing. I on the other hand, will remove no insults, regardless of the consequences.

Now I've heard it all, I'm trolling my own thread. Of course I visit my thread regularly, you moron, someone might have something relevant. Like they actually tried it or something. I don't troll other peoples threads, as you are mine. Again with projection, saying I'm trolling my thread, when in reality, I'll visit my post as often as I like punk and stop trolling and trashing my post with crap I don't care about.

zeroslave, you and penfold have turned me away from these forums forever, so you can go back to being what you always were to me, a big fat zero as your name aptly suggest.

Richard
zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 03:41 Edited at: 4th Mar 2012 04:02
It's 'wasted' not 'waisted'. Just so you know.

Actually, I edited the 2 1/2 part for my kid. It seemed a little redundant to say 2 friends and 2 year old daughter, and it didn't flow very well. But nice try at thinking you know more than you do.

Quote: "and could learn something by visiting any of my numerous post."

I learned something from visiting this post. That's for sure. See ya.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 04:01 Edited at: 4th Mar 2012 04:06
Quote: " I on the other hand, will remove no insults, regardless of the consequences."

Except obviously the ones at the start of this thread in response to something that wasn't putting your down but you thought it was.

Perhaps you can explain to me how this quote is insulting:

Quote: "Firstly , I'd like to see a screen shot on here.

Secondly was it odne in DBasic or another program.

Thirdly, zootan was trying to give you constructive critisism about a potential problem. Constructive critisism is a hard thing to come by so dont push it away too lightly.

Sorry but untill you showcase it properly I wont be linking off to a new page to look at it.."

Where exactly are the insults directed at you? Where has the poster provoked personal attacks. How exactly has this post put you down?

How exactly is it worth the insults you posted (but have now removed) in response? Ignore ALL of the posts that followed your INITIAL set of insults, because I'm wondering EXACTLY what it was that provoked this whole charade.

What I got from it:
-Poster wants to see a screenshot
-Poster wants to know what program you did your project in
-Poster suggested thinks previous poster had constructive criticism that could be explored.
-Poster isn't one to download a person's program without it being displayed to them effectively in a post.

If you can convince me that this REALLY is an insult directed at you and worthy of retaliation, then I will side with you. At the moment, I am 100% unconvinced, because I see nothing that's even remotely trying to put you down. I can see how something might be implicit, but the problem when something is implicit, you don't know if what you think they've implied was intentional. But if I'm prepared to admit I'm wrong if shown that I am wrong, in order to be fair about it, you have to be prepared to do it too. The good news is, I respond well to people who DO admit to being wrong, mistaken and so on. I don't know how you'll respond if I were to admit it, but that doesn't bother me.

Penfold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 11:10 Edited at: 4th Mar 2012 11:11
I really can't be bothered wih this anymore, the guy is obvously a complete jackass. Please quote/refference the following in reponce to all of your insults.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

Seriously guys if Richy.USMC here was actually bothered by his own personal image he would have stopped on his second post. We shold just leave him to his Cat.

<edited for typos>

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
I admit it. I too have looked at this post from time to time for the burns.... Let's all stop this crap and deal with the original intent of the post. There is no need for anyone to retaliate for comments. Let's all be adults, or more importantly, programming peers.

Rasdini has an issue posting pics. This is the root of all our problems with this post. Does anyone have a fresh idea on how he can fix this problem?

Rasdini, do you have the pics posted somewhere on the web?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 23:45
I've long considered the ability to post a screenshot on a forum as being way below being able to write a game (along with being able to be civil on a public forum).

I'm stunned at the lack of intervention.

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2012 07:07
In before it gets locked? I was really interested in seeing screenshots for the game...is this still going to happen, or is it all done here?

Greenlig

Your signature has been erased by a mod as it is far too big.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Movies have trailers.
Games Have Screenshots.
Books have the back cover overview.
Music has the short play tester.
Food has the smell
women have their looks
Holidays have the brochure

So get on par.

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 04:53
*Confusion*

http://www.talenthouse.com/travisgatlin
You can find my latest work here. Please comment on my work and tell me what you think!
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2012 01:47
Flame

This thread has been locked due to the unmanageable number of flame responses. Please refer to section 3.11 - 3.12 of the Acceptable Usage Policy for full details:

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?gf=aup#forum

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of these terms, along with generally accepted netiquette standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

If you contributed to the reason for locking, you may now find yourself on moderation, or in extreme cases a ban.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:36:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:36:40