Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / about AGK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 14:44
Hello, everyone.

i just bought an Iphone 4S 32gb, wauwwww, my good, its a super computer, so fantastic.

now i am really confuzing, about, AppGameKit, so i have a couple of question! (did ask before, but did`nt have any Iphone!).

I did read about AppGameKit, features etc..

i have a couple of years in programming, so it will not be aa problem to pickup start using AGK.

Here is the questions.

1. what do i exactly need to make games using AppGameKit BASIC ?(not in native c++) ?. (my stationary pc = Icore 7 4 core 3.4 ghz, 8gbram, nvidia gt450, plus a labtop pc icore5, and a old Apple Mac Pro G5 dual core 2 ghz 2.5gbram, geforce 5200 agp.).

i just need a osx leopard install cd / dvd. (if i can save up enough money, next year, i will buy an Imac icore5!).

2. can i just use a pc and AppGameKit to create games for Iphone ?.

3, can i create games in AppGameKit for apple mac / pc, vice versa. ?

4. can i test the game, created in AppGameKit , directly on my iphone ?.

5. maybe its a god idea to pic up and learn objective C, but its properly damm diffcult ?.
henrikh2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 14:49
one more question.

what about support for 3D / opengl on iphones , using AppGameKit ?. (i would to create 3d games on iphone!).
henrikh2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 16:13
i really look forward to program iphone app.
Apple has just released over 1500 new api for iphone app developers.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
AGK does not support 3D yet. Maybe next year
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 22:48 Edited at: 1st Mar 2012 22:48
Quote: "1. what do i exactly need to make games using AppGameKit BASIC ?(not in native c++) ?. (my stationary pc = Icore 7 4 core 3.4 ghz, 8gbram, nvidia gt450, plus a labtop pc icore5, and a old Apple Mac Pro G5 dual core 2 ghz 2.5gbram, geforce 5200 agp.)."

Basically, you will need this:

Quote: "Intel Atom N450 1.66 ghz or higher Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista or Windows 7 1 GB RAM or higher OpenGL compatible graphics 1 gb free disk space"

Or either a Mac with those.

Quote: "2. can i just use a pc and AppGameKit to create games for Iphone ?."

Nope. You need a Mac & AppGameKit to create games for iPhone, because Apple made it possible to compile for their devices only using a Mac. (*sigh*)

Quote: "3, can i create games in AppGameKit for apple mac / pc, vice versa. ?"

Surely. Though if you want a Mac game, you will need a Mac computer (PC cannot compile for Mac. Thanks Apple!).

Quote: "4. can i test the game, created in AppGameKit , directly on my iphone ?."

Yep. Though, you can use either AppGameKit Viewer which just copies the computer screen playing, and displays it on the device. OR you can use AppGameKit Player for iOS, but this will cost. Look at the Faq I guess. Should be mentioned there (This will be 25$ (AGK Player service for iOS) + 99$ (Apple dev. registration))

Quote: "5. maybe its a god idea to pic up and learn objective C, but its properly damm diffcult ?."

Not a good choice. Go either with BASIC or C++, pick which one do you want. You should rely on your skills. If you have no experience with C++ (Or very slight experience) then go with BASIC. BASIC is powerful and it can create amazing things too. (Look @ Evochron which was made using DBPro - BASIC)

Quote: "what about support for 3D / opengl on iphones , using AppGameKit ?. (i would to create 3d games on iphone!)."

And as bjadams said, 3d is yet to come. I hope we will have it till the end of this year

henrikh2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2012 10:50
thank you very much for all the answer.

i do have some experince in c++, but its a long time ago i used it.
god thing i have experince in php mysql ect.., that will help me
creating website related sutff for iphone, if thats posibble.
offcourse i am not a pro.

to be honsterly, if find it very Unfair, that i have to pay apple a
fee for developing games on iphone, and how much is that, hopfully not xxxxxxĀ£ amount of money. ?. (other platforms no fee!).

i mean, i used to have an android htc wildfire (slow like hell!).
the os system was "open", you could allways see the dir of the os like "lost and found, misc" and so forth.
even the app called "speculator, an zx spectrum emulator for iphone and android", on android, you could just upload any roms and disc to the phone for free, but you cant do that, on apples iphone.
i would like to "jailbreak" my iphone, but i dont dare to do that, i will
loose muy garanties on my iphone.

on android i did found an amiga emulator called "winuae", but not for
iphone, damm.

i still love apple product, but would love to be without all the
restriction.

ok, it seems, i have to get the osx cd and install osx on my old g5, in order to use AppGameKit (a copy of xcode for free is on the osx cd!,pew!).
i cant order AppGameKit before i have the OSX cd.
henrikh2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2012 11:05
The game creator call the AppGameKit a universal developing programming tools,(ok tehy dont put it, that way!), thats not entirely true, i did thought you could develop code for any platform on 1 single pc, that why i am cunfused.
and no, i am not that naive, offcourse programming basic or c++ on pc, would never work on a apple, unless you`re programming in objective c or atleast c++ without any directx and avoiding any pc c++ libraries, to get it to work on a eks, a apple imac.

what i thought, was this, AppGameKit could somehow compile native code on pc, or atleast
make all things work/take care of everything, if you had one pc, and was creating a game for mac computers or iphone etc...
thats not the case.
then i would only need 1 pc and AppGameKit, then compile it on pc, using only the things mentioded before.

but its ok, i will get the osx or perhaps new imac in two years.
henrikh2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2012 11:08
do i have to pay a fee each time i publish an app for iphone in appstore ?.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
You have to pay apple $99 a year. you can publish as many apps as you want.

I think the price is quite fair... unless you want to do only free apps!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
compiling ios native code on pc?!!!!!
that's not the right way to do it!

Apple wants you to do that on a Mac, so it's better that compile on Xcode! Personally I prefer it this way.

On all other platforms you can compile on a Windows PC
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2012 17:43
Please do not double or triple post, guys. Thanks!

Senior Developer - CBS Interactive Music Group
henrikh2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2012 21:25
i guess so.
thats ok.

i sm gonnna go for mac anyway, (and keep my pc!).

free aps ?, hav`nt for about yet!.

thank you for your answer.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2012 13:25 Edited at: 6th Mar 2012 13:27
Quote: "3, can i create games in AppGameKit for apple mac / pc, vice versa. ?"

Correction : you can easily create AppGameKit app for Mac from PC in Tier1 Basic because you have only to insert your byte code and medias into the resources folder in the "AGKPlayer.app" (which is displayed as a folder itself on a PC) for Mac on a PC (already tested and works perfectly).

So with a PC, you can create an AppGameKit app (basic) for Mac. (but not for PC from MacOSX which need a real executable compilation)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:41:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:41:05