Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Quick remake of BFG's XM177 anims

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 19:18

these mess up when I put them in FPSC. will anyone help me make these FPSC ready?

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2012 12:14
sorry for the bump but~

I got these in game!

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2012 23:17
I love your animations, so much. I've been needing some help with animation here lately. I was wondering if you could give me some pointers to make realistic hand and gun animations? I already have you added on skype.

http://www.talenthouse.com/travisgatlin
You can find my latest work here. Please comment on my work and tell me what you think!
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2012 23:34 Edited at: 5th Mar 2012 23:35
sure!

A few things I do~

Exaggerate a lot. make sure that the hands move extra, and the gun shakes around a good bit.

Remember the weight. holding a gun with one hand, the weight is going to gradually bring the front of the gun down, make sure the animations account for that, having the hand lightly toss the gun's weight a bit to adjust itself.

Change the gun's angle. Animations look cooler when you see the gun pointed a lot of different ways.

Spacing, Spacing, Spacing. this falls under exaggeration's heading. when you ease between motions, and change directions, make a super slow ease, but a super fast weight throw.

that's all I can think of now.

edit- also I added you on msn mickeyb

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2012 23:54
Thank you so much. That's really helpful I really envy your level design and animation, and you really have the gift, considering your age.

http://www.talenthouse.com/travisgatlin
You can find my latest work here. Please comment on my work and tell me what you think!
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2012 13:17
Looks awesome, but once you go automatic (full fire) it looks like its jerking forth and back, not a fan of that...

but overall its cool^^

The result of origin.. Oh and ponies
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2012 12:32
The index finger is a little crooked when seen from the reload animation, as if someone slammed a door on it lol, might want to fix that.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2012 16:52
Quote: "The index finger is a little crooked when seen from the reload animation, as if someone slammed a door on it lol, might want to fix that. "

I tried but the hand rig is so confusing you can never see how the bone is placed or how it looks or whatever. it's annoying.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2012 23:06
It isn't a hidden bone, is it? In which you are unable to view it to move it correctly?
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2012 23:16
no, all bones are made visible, it's just that the way it's rigged, moving certain bones distort the hand terribly. the hand doesn't look like it's meant to be fully open or extended. bending the bones that way gives nasty folds and stuff.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2012 23:21
I'm guessing the hand model doesn't have enough edge loops etc to be deformed when animated then.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2012 09:08
yeah probably you're right

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:52:28
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:52:28