Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Cannot Install DarkGDK.NET RED. under Windows 7/64 bit

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2012 22:31 Edited at: 14th Mar 2012 22:35
Someone else had this issue in 2009, but I'm having it now. I installed the DirectX 9.0c (June 2004) redistributable, and have now attempted to install the DarkGDK.Net redistributable. But, here is the error I have seeing:

Module C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DGDK.DLL failed to register. HRESULT -2147024770. Contact your support personnel.

I am packaging my product for release, and am stuck.

This is on a 64 bit Windows 7 PC. I've been developing under Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit) and my app is running perfectly.

Any ideas?

Russell B. Davis/aerostudios
jojoofu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2012 15:45
Try copying the DLL's to a custom folder in your project. Then in the installation project add that folder to where ever the executable is located. That won't register the DLL to the system but it's a quick work around.

You could also just change the target platform to all machines. Usually by default that will install the 32bit version first. However , you would just need to change it back every time you compiled your project for testing.

Double check your configuration manager to make sure you are targeting x86 computers only. The project shouldn't even run without that setting on x86 but you never know.

Also just double check to make sure they have the correct version of Direct X 9.0c installed on the target machine.

Last but not least. Assuming you have VS 2010. Just upgrade to Visual Studio 2010 then deploy it. I've never heard of issues with 32/64 bit deployment on VS 2010. VS 2008 was built when 64 bit machines where still not very popular and unsupported for the most part and I know it has some issues with deployment to 64 bit machines.

" The best slaves are the ones who think they are free. "
aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2012 23:45
Well...I was able to create a successful installer. I'm not real certain what the issue was. But the merge module file references Visual Studio 2008; which I didn't have installed, I was running 2010. And I had not set it X86 deployment. But I repackaged the whole thing in 2008, set the target platform to x86 and made sure I added the merge module to the correct part of the Setup package. I installed DirectX 9.0c in the client machine and then ran the install and it worked like a champ. Its a 64 bit Windows 7 machine. So, its all good now! Thanks for your help! I'm on target to release Airline Sharks on March 23, 2012. I'm writing the manual right now.

jojoofu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2012 23:51
Gratz !

Can't wait to see it

" The best slaves are the ones who think they are free. "
aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2012 21:17
jojoofu
Write to me at atcsimulator@cox.net I've tried sending you something but it doesn't like your email account for some reason.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:36:25
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:36:25