Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / How to install an apk on device

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello people,

I'm testing the AppGameKit code and compiling for Android.

I made a simple program ( draw text and move a sprite). On the eclipse virtual machine all work ok and now I would like to test in a tablet.

I downloaded the APP INSTALLER but when I'm trying to install the apk, appear a message say "Analisis error".

Anyone know what happend?

Thanks to all

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2012 11:24 Edited at: 18th Mar 2012 11:25
Arr.

You need to download Astro file manager, it's better. Then when you have your .apk file somewhere on your sdcard/main memory, you navigate there with Astro, press on the .apk and it'll ask you if you want to install it.

Through, for faster dev. i suggest you to plug your tablet into your PC have USB debugging option ticked and simply compile the app with ecliple (run it). Then it'll install the unsigned version on your phone automatically.

When your app is done, just produce an .apk instead.

Jordi
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Kamac

But I have another problem, my tablet and my phone have Android 2.2 version.

And I read in this forum that AppGameKit needs Android version 2.3.1, right?

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2012 19:04
Quote: "And I read in this forum that AppGameKit needs Android version 2.3.1, right?"

That's correct. Try updating your tablet & your phone to android 2.3.1 or higher. If it's not possible the official way, you can do it the unofficial way.

Look for guides on the internet. Althrough, you will have to lose your guarantee because you'd have to root your device.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:56:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:56:04