Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

PureGDK / Evolved shader demo and ShaderData.dll

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2012 18:45
Hi,

When I try to run the sample code from the thread "EVOLVED's Cubic Shadow Mapping demo ported to PureGDK", I get a spinning teapot but with no shadow effect.

I think whats happening is that the functions contained within ShaderData.dll (such as dbCreateDynamicCubeMap & dbApplyDynamicCubeMapToObject) although being compiled into code are not actually doing anything.

I have previously recompiled my gdkengine.dll to include darkphysics and darkclouds and notice that shaderdata.dll isnt listed in the compiled dlls - should it be?

I have tried the sample with an unmodified gdkengine.dll and get the same results, so how to I get the ShaderData functions to work correctly in PureGDK?

Thanks for your help.
Richaldo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2012 15:03
Anyone else had any issues with this demo?
If this is working fine for everyone else, I'll try a fresh install of everything.
Please let me know your experiences with this demo and if you've had any probs.
Thanks!
Vax Tracker
Years of Service
User Offline
I had the same problems with you trying to get this to work, however with a little more research you can find that the ShaderData.dll comes from Dark Shader. If you have that you can setup the PureGDK engine to compile with ShaderData.dll included and everything should work fine

Make sure ShaderData.dll is in your puregdk/engine/plugins-user folder and then add ShaderData.dll%Dark Shader to the end of the user plugins list in the libraries file located in puregdk/bin. Recompile and enjoy!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:08:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:08:09