Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / ios distribution warning while compiling!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2012 23:56
Hello, I have finally gone through the maze and figured out how to make a final build to my ios app in distribution form. The thing I realize when I compile this, is that there are warnings (not errors) of not being able to figure out the icon size/icon-72 size and information within the plist file. It says:

warning one:

iPad: Info.plist: Unable to verify icon dimensions, no icon found. You must define CFBundleIcons, CFBundleIconFiles, CFBundleIconFile, or provide a default Icon-72.png that is 72x72 (-19013)

warning two:

iPhone/iPod Touch: Info.plist: Unable to verify icon dimensions, no icon found. You must define CFBundleIcons, CFBundleIconFiles, CFBundleIconFile, or provide a default Icon.png that is 57x57 (-19013)

warning three:

Icon specified in the Info.plist not found under the top level app wrapper: Icon-72.png (-19007)

warning four:

Icon specified in the Info.plist not found under the top level app wrapper: icon.png (-19007)

Is this normal or did I screw something up? I thank everyone who tries to help me

p.s. the "warning one:" was not in the compiler message log.

sov the game creator!
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I would recommend leaving the CFBundleIconFile key of Info.plist blank, and adding a new array key named CFBundleIconFiles with a list of all icon file names that you are including. IOS will then use whichever icon most closely matches the dimensions needed for any particular device or screen. Here is the key I use, which is only for standard and retina iPhone/iPods and does not include iPad icons.

You can see the various icon dimensions for all devices at the link below, and can include as many as you need but should at least include the standard and retina versions.

http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/userexperience/conceptual/mobilehig/IconsImages/IconsImages.html
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
so the list of different-sized icons can be in no particular order?

it can be icon-72.png icon-57.png icon-114.png and now also icon-144.png ?

and ios will pick up the right icon automatically?
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, as long as the names defined in the plist match the icons you include in your resources, iOS will pick out the correct ones to use automatically.

Before iOS 3.2, you had to give each icon a specific name. However, it now uses plist (and since AppGameKit is made to only support 3.2+ the approach I described is fine).
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks a lot

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:37:21
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:37:21