Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Creative Monster design tutorial series (Intermediate)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2012 09:59 Edited at: 29th Mar 2012 07:17
Hullo!

(Click for full size)
Been working lately on a tutorial series covering how I made that one egg-monster thing for one of the competitions on here some months ago, it's going up right now so I figured I'd post it on here as well in case any of you want to watch it.
The series is made up of four different parts, which are the following:

Sculpting in Zbrush 1/2
Sculpting in Zbrush 2/2
UV Mapping in Maya
Polypainting in Zbrush

As you might have guessed the software present in this series are maya and zbrush, although I tried to keep it relevant enough to where you should be able to apply these things to other software as well.
I tried to show as much as I could, some people have said that some of the series I've done in the past go too fast, which is a valid point. But since these videos were originally over 12 hours in size I don't have much choice, and I'd rather show the entire process and speed it up a bit than have to cut tons of it out to make it fit. What I chose not to show is the retopologization, which I've already showed in the bonsai tree series, and the final baking, since it's just downright boring to watch. But that was just done in Xnormal. I also did some extra work on the texture in Photoshop after the polypainting, mostly with the tail bit, which I didn't see the neeed to show either. Other than that I basically show everything.
It's focused on a more intermediate crowd who already has a basic idea of how to use these apps, beginner guides will probably be out sometime in the future though.
All the parts are not up yet and will be rolling out daily during this work week, updates will be given in this thread whenever new ones are available.

I don't post here much anymore but you guys have always given great support so I'd just like to thank you for all for that before I end this, since it's lovely.

Hope at least some of you like it!

Hello, I am Seb.
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2012 16:53
I wish I had Zbrush... This would be amazing to learn to do...

http://www.talenthouse.com/travisgatlin
You can find my latest work here. Please comment on my work and tell me what you think!
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2012 17:14 Edited at: 27th Mar 2012 17:16
Quote: "I wish I had Zbrush... This would be amazing to learn to do..."

There's a free version called Sculptris. I think it can do the first part of this tutorial. At least you can make something similar.

http://www.pixologic.com/sculptris/

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2012 20:28
Yeah, I have Sculptris, I figured that Zbrush has more features that Sculptris doesn't have, so I really can't finish the tutorial.

You can find my latest work here. Please comment on my work and tell me what you think!
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2012 20:30
The tutorial doesn't really use many features exclusive to zbrush at all, it's just sculpting really.

Hello, I am Seb.
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2012 21:26
Oh sweet! Thanks a lot then! I'll check this out!

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2012 08:02
The UV Mapping part is up!

Hello, I am Seb.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2012 08:58
Seen everyone up to the UVmapping part, and i must say iam impressed, really really nice watch^^ I love how you dont sound swedish at all - swedish people usually have this really ugly english accent, but you... you dont have it! <3

At any rate: youre definitly a inspiration when it comes to this stuff! - i always get so happy when i see ur stuff~~

The result of origin.. Oh and ponies
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2012 11:24
Quote: "Seen everyone up to the UVmapping part, and i must say iam impressed, really really nice watch^^ I love how you dont sound swedish at all - swedish people usually have this really ugly english accent, but you... you dont have it! <3

At any rate: youre definitly a inspiration when it comes to this stuff! - i always get so happy when i see ur stuff~~"

Ha, thanks tons, I guess that Swedish accent disappears slowly with time or something. I'm sure it's still there though. Thanks again!

Hello, I am Seb.
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2012 07:18
The last part covering the polypainting is up! Thanks for all the support so far

Hello, I am Seb.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 07:23:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 07:23:25