Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / codesign error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I getting this error "Code Sign error: There are no valid certificate/private key pairs in the default keychain" When I try to run on a device. How do I fix this and I need to purchase the dev certificate to test out my games?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2012 22:59 Edited at: 28th Mar 2012 23:02
Have you signed up with Apple to be an iOS developer?

That is the first step. Once you are set up as a developer (and it is not a short process), you'll be able to get code signing certificates for developing and testing and also be able to provision test devices.

Fortunately, Xcode does a lot of things sort of automagically once you are a registered developer.

Can I assume that you are working with Xcode on a Mac?

This page (http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides/52_ios.htm) can help you get started.

However, it is written for an earlier version of Xcode and you want to make sure that you are using the newest version so that it can talk to the latest iOS version.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
gsdblack
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a Personal & Professional Profile but I don't know if it is as an ios developer. In my profile all i see is apple id and personal id. Do you mean the ios developer program that cost $99? Yes I am on a mac and I'm using t2.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2012 23:20
I do mean the $99 iOS developer program.

I haven't tried any T2 development, yet.

But my experience with the agk_interpreter and T1 bytecode and Xcode might help.

Once I was approved and did some step I don't quite remember now, Xcode did a lot of stuff for me. It asked if I wanted to get a provisioning certificate for development and than did all the steps itself, including installing it appropriately on my Mac Mini.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2012 23:25
I have to go help my husband pick up his truck from servicing.

I'll be back in a couple of hours (or less) and we can pick this back up. Or start again in the morning.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
gsdblack
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks so much for the help. I'll sign up for the program later tonight. I'll back if I have more question which I'm sure I will.
gsdblack
Years of Service
User Offline
I signed for the dev program, got the certificate and it worked but I ran into another error.

Code Sign error: A valid provisioning profile matching the application's Identifier 'com.thegamecreators.AGKTestApp' could not be found
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2012 17:34
Are you working from scratch on a project or did you start with one of the AppGameKit projects? It sounds like it from the element that it is complaining about.

The following may be repetitive about what you know/have done....

In XCode, if you click on the very top item in the project tree (reached by clicking on the folder image in the tool bar in the display area on the left), you get the inf/build settings display in the center area (assuming a sort of default workspace layout).

Click on 'Build Settings' and open the 'Code Signing' Segment and then open 'Code Signing Entity'. The settings I have that appear to work are to select as follows:
Code Signing Identity = Don't Code Sign
=> Debug/Release = Don't Code Sign
=> Any SDK (selected from list) = select the iPhone Developer with your name that should be under 'IOS Team Provisioning Profile'

I'm still trying to remember the steps I did with Xcode to get the provisioning profiles created.

The Xcode help has a whole big section about code signing. Select 'Documentation and API Reference' under Help. The page is under:
iOS 5.1 Library => Tools & Languages => iOS Code Signing Setup, Process, and Troubleshooting

Hopefully that has better information than I can remember on my own.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
gsdblack
Years of Service
User Offline
I started from the agk template. Is that a problem? is there a way I can the application identifier? I setup the provisioning profiles already and the codesigning.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2012 22:40
As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with the agk template. It should be a good place to start.

How does the 'Code Signing' section under 'Build Settings' look?

I'm attaching an image of how mine is set up. This is working with the AGK->Projects->Native->iOS->Box2D - Box2D project.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Attachments

Login to view attachments
gsdblack
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the help. I figured out that I needed to change the application identifier. I setup the provisioning profiles and got my app running on my device.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2012 17:06
Great!

Have fun working with it all!

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:43:07
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:43:07