Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [X9] Leviathan Crossfire: Revelation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2012 22:34 Edited at: 18th May 2012 17:37

developed by
dhk Games

Story
In a distant future: The Rakan Empire is secretly constructing the most powerful space ship ever below the surface of their home planet. However, a secret too oftenly cannot be kept for too long, and the insurgent inhabitants of the planet Nuvebia are already sending their special forces to enter and investigate the Rakan underground dockyard.

In LC Revelation players will experience the battle from the perspective of a Rakan soldier, equipped with a high-tech future assault rifle, who has to stop the Nuvebian invasion. For the Empire.

Description
Revelation is a preview tech demo for Leviathan Crossfire. It can be treated as a game on its own, though.

Video Trailer

Features
• short but entertaining science fiction single player action
• a preview tech demo representing what we've done so far
• the prequel story of the full game

Website
http://www.levcrossfire.bplaced.net/

Download

~Edit~ Button now links to the most recent updated demo.

I'd appreciate your feedback when you've played through!
Frankenstein
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2012 17:20
Sounds really nice. Can't wait for it!
Good luck with your work
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2012 18:45
I waited so looooong for this I'll try it ASAP

NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2012 02:24
wow this shouldnt even be free. I would pay $5 easy even $10 you should try getting it published on steam

Your signature has been erased by a mod - no affiliate links thanks
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2012 17:07
I played through the game and here are my thoughts:

The level, weapon and character design are all great. I have always loved your style and I think it gives the game an unique look.

The game ran fairly well, I had some FPS drops in combat or in the hallway before that computer (about 25fps) and everywhere else from 35-50fps (Geforce GTX550Ti, AMD Phenom X4, 4gb RAM).

Gameplay is absolutely great. The interactive computer thing is just genius. The ally is also great, but a bit stupid at some times (keeps shooting into the wall, on the other side is an enemy). But I just couldn't kill the two guys in the third encounter.

The voice acting is good too, maybe a bit cheesy sometimes. The radio voice should be redone because it sounds nothing like a radio. Also you should get rid of the stock FPSC humming noise and footsteps.

All in all, an awesome game, one of the best I played in a while. Keep fixing it and you will have a great product.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2012 17:34
this game is very cool. i enjoy all of it. as far the AI go fpsc was never that great on that but your work on this game is very creative. no this game is not perfect but perfect is what you make it. the combat of the ai sometimes did not shoot at me and just stand there.especially the guy who had a shield over him. I think this game is coming along perfect. the Ai in fpsc just needs fixing. I like the voice acting it was great. the computer features was awesome.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
can you upload it as a zip or rar file please!
my pc can not handle wit such big exe files
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2012 22:46 Edited at: 19th Apr 2012 22:48
@NIlooc223 I take this as a huge compliment. As a one level alpha demo, I guess it definitely should be free, though

@charger bandit Thanks a lot for your review, man! All points, positive and negative, will be taken into consideration!

@michael x Glad you like it. Thanks for your critics, too!

@Corno_1 This setup.exe is already highly compressed. Archives do not offer additional compression, I've tried it. Sorry, no can do

More oppinions, maybe even reviews?
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2012 03:02
The sheer lag of feedback on this great game is shocking and saddening.

You could at least post wether or not you liked the game...it takes you only a few seconds. A community lives from effort and interaction.

Please click here to read a full scale review on my blog

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, art is knowing which ones to keep.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2012 07:23
Hmmm... missed this. Downloading to try it now. I want to play it before I read Wolf's review.

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
@D0MINIK ok dont worry
stupid notebook

Yes, i´m a noob, but i like it
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2012 20:01
I'm downloading now; I'll get back to you on it.

-Keith

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2012 20:13
Played it, and I have to say it was amazing. The menu screens were spot on. The game-play was even fun with a bunch of cool scripting. You have to show us how you did the AI to the sgt where we walked, opened doors and stuff.

The only thing I didn't like was the character meshes, they looked a little to fat. I think if you slim down the characters to look skiny it would be a world of difference.

There was a lot of work put into this game clearly. The addition of voice acting is nice, and the intro was awesome. The only crit I have here is maybe a better effect for the computer who talks, you can't really understand it.

Amazing! keep it up!

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2012 20:26 Edited at: 1st May 2012 20:29
Hey guys!

@Wolf Thanks for your commitment, man! For the detailed review, and for reactivating this thread, too

@Soviet Thanks for your comment, too!

Quote: "You have to show us how you did the AI to the sgt where we walked, opened doors and stuff. "

Er... scripting indeed. That's really it

We'll be bringing a patch this weekend, fixing quite some issues. You can check our bug fixing list here (in case you'd be interested in any way....)
Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow! Excellent work and well done with the custom media creations, just the sheer fact you have created and used your own custom media brings to light what appears to be a 'new game' even though we know what engine you're using.

I'm keeping my eye on this one, best of luck.

// EOF
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, congratulatons dear friend!

This is what i always said, to make a very good FPSC game that does not look like the others one (i mean, that looks different and exclusive), you must create your own media, models, textures, huds, and so on.

This game is a proof, really, we only know that it was created in FPS Creator because we are FPSC users, however, the overall visual really looks something unique!

Keep out the good work.

Cheer,

Goldenye 007 N64
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2012 03:55 Edited at: 8th May 2012 03:57
@Sting and 007 Thanks a lot guys! Your comments are really motivating to keep it up

News

Demo Patch #1 is out now, coming with a complete fix for all serious bugs and problems. Additionally, the patch improves the overall gameplay and makes it easier.

Patch Notes

CHANGES
• Increased the Reflex Rifle accuracy
• Reduced the Reflex Rifle recoil
• Rescaled character models
• Jenkins (ally character) walk animation was
replaced by character run animation
• Enemy bot aiming skill reduced by 1/3
(gameplay is easier now)
• Included ffdshow setup (to ensure correct
video playback on all systems)

BUG FIXES
• Bug fix: Jenkins does no more try to shoot
through walls*
• Bug fix: HUD does not show up after the outro
video anymore
• Bug fix: Player can not stand up again after
having died already (happened sometimes)
• Bug fix: Character death animations now play
correctly
• Bug fix: Videos will now play correctly on
all systems (required mjpeg codec now
included with ffdshow)

*crates are, however, not handled 100% correctly
the by the AI yet. This is subject to change for
future releases, but not for this alpha demo.

Download

Here is the most recent pre-patached game download:

We can only show you the door.
You're the one that has to walk through it.
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
*Bump*

Added a video trailer to the first post. Hoping it's an incentive to try the game
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll try it out ASAP

------
I am the shadow wich, with relentless defiance, lurks you. I will find you in the corners of the earth, even if I have to cross them.
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Following a strong belief in better late than never:

For all those who cannot play it or have trouble making it through the demo level, here is a gameplay walkthrough video for you

The Misfit117
Years of Service
User Offline
This looks amazing. I'm def doing it for my community games walkthrough if thats alright with you O_O If so that would be great I'd love to I need to bring the action aspect of gaming to my youtube channel. If not thanks anyways Imma play it anyways it looks great keep up the great work!
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2012 18:38 Edited at: 15th Jun 2012 18:38
Quote: "I'm def doing it for my community games walkthrough if thats alright with you O_O"

Ehm... I have no idea what you're talking about, but it's probably fine by me, just go ahead

Let me know where you put it online, I'm just curious

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:16:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:16:09