Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / Problems with Xcode 4 and iOS Lion

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2012 20:44
Hello, my version of IOS operating system is Lion, and the only version I can use Xcode 4.X. My system does not allow the 3.X

I tried to follow the tutorial:

http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides/52_ios.htm

But most of the steps are not equal and not do it.

There a specific tutorial for my version, either in PDF, in a post or Video?

I'll be very grateful because I can not find the right information.

Greetings and thank you very much.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 00:04 Edited at: 26th Apr 2012 00:12
I intended to answer this much earlier, but had to go through the process from scratch to make sure it worked.

Here is my edited version of the instructions to use Xcode 4.3:

I could not get Xcode to build the build release.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 18:24
Ancient Lady, what does that mean "I could not get Xcode to build the build release"?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 19:46 Edited at: 30th Apr 2012 19:48
I cannot find, in the Xcode 4.3 interface, where to tell it to do a release build instead of a debug build.

I only noticed that it was doing debug build when I worked on my Xcode 4 version of the guide and was able to direct where the outputs should go (the Xcode 4 default is very different from Xcode 3, apparently).

When it builds (and runs), it creates a Debug directory under <app xcode dir>/Build/Products.

The Xcode 3 instructions mention
Quote: "Change the confguration to Device / Release / armv6"
as the first step after opening the project.

Xcode 4 doesn't have a section that lets you select those options. It defaults to 'Architectures -> Standard(armv7)' in the Architectures section.

While I'm in the testing mode, this isn't a problem. But when I get ready to upload to the AppStore, I'll need to be able to do a release build and make sure the packaging (in the Packaging section) is correct. Help with that section as relates to AppGameKit products would be useful.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Xcode 4 introduces schemes which provide all the options on how to build / run / profile your application. You can edit the active scheme using the Scheme drop-down at the top of the project window and selecting the Edit Scheme… menu item. Then on the left source list, you can select the Run item, and in the Info tab in the right pane you can choose to use the Release configuration in the Build Configuration drop-down.
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 22:03
@AL - Ah, thanks! Between your excellent documentation and bj's tip on schemes, that should do the trick! I'm very excited about soon submitting my first game to the iTunes store!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 23:07
Thank you so much, bjadams!

That information about the schemes should be just what I needed.

Now I need to create the right certificate for the release build. Apparently I need to do something a bit different than what I did for the debug build.

I'll work it out tomorrow. Some clients need my attention today.

Cheers!

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
for testing on your own device you need the same certificate whether you do a debug or release.

If you want to build an AdHoc release (to send your ipa to a tester or client) or an Appstore release you need separate certificates for those.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2012 17:59
I hadn't yet created the certificate for the App itself. That is required for a release build, but apparently not for a debug build.

That will be today's task (as well as moving the app along in general).

I'm anxiously waiting for the announced 107 release (I'll be haunting my Products page).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
107 is out now!!!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2012 23:37
Yup. So, naturally, I have a major oops crap for a customer that absolutely must be dealt with immediately and it's kept me busy all day.

Oh well.

I'm psyched to try the http commands!

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2012 00:41
After accidentally wiping out my Xcode4 project, I got to use my own updated steps to recreate it.

In the updated interpreter.cpp, they've added some ifdefs for STANDALONE.

So, instead of uncommenting the line with bytecode.byc, you can add a line to do the define for STANDALONE, if you can figure out the right place for it. I'm going to try in interpreter.h, right at the top. And this appears to work.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
payopepe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2012 14:19
Hi, thanks for your help! I'm one step to get it, but I have an error:

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/Users/joseg/Desktop/AGK/IDE/apps/foo/../../platform/apple/Lib/AdMob'
ld: in /Users/joseg/Desktop/IDE/apps/Accelerometer/obj/local/armeabi/libstdc++.a, file too small for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Greetings and thank you very much.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2012 18:45
The first warning should be cleared up with the latest AppGameKit version of the iOS and Mac (v1071). (I just downloaded/installed the v1071 mac zip and this message is still there.) But can be ignored, I think. My app still runs fine and AppGameKit isn't going to be set up to work with AdMob, anyway.

I've not seen the second ld error. Are you working in Tier1 or Tier2?

Some web search seems to indicate that the file mentioned is probably size zero.

But I'm curious about the directory. If you are working in Xcode, you shouldn't have any directory named armeabi. Those are only for the Android builds.

Before you download and copy the new Mac v1071 zip from the My Products page, copy any project directories that you have created to somewhere above the AGK/IDE directory. I discovered, the hard way, that when you copy the directories from the zip file, it wipes out anything in the old directories (unlike Windows that will just replace stuff). After you do the copy, copy your project directory back. Then replace the 'UntitledViewController.m' file in your Classes subdirectory with the one from the new interpreter_ios directory AND add the line '#define STANDALONE' as the third line in the 'interpreter.h' file.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
sometimes exiting xocde, then loading the project again, cleaning & rebuilding 2 times in a row fixes these kind of "strange" errors!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 00:40
Sometimes that does work.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Subbir
Years of Service
User Offline
I haven't renamed the project name. It builds. But the problem is it is not working with the simulator either in device. I have NSLog the interpreter. I have found that it is showing "Failed to open file for reading bytecode.byc". I have added my whole media folder into my iOS project and rename the .byc file into bytecode.byc. I have uncommented the line of following

What else should I do to run my app??

Subbir Rahman
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 16:50
Subdir, is your bytecode.byc file in the media directory?

As of v1074, you need a directory named media under Resources in your Xcode project. That is the directory to put the bytecode.byc file and your other media.

The probably exceptions are the iOS specific icon and Default(-lanscape/-portrait) files.

It's also easier to add the line '#define STANDALONE' as the third line in interpreter.h than try to find the right strcpy command to uncomment (although you appear to have found the 'best' one).

It is also good to always clean the project before each build.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Subbir
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks... Now its working...

Subbir Rahman
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2012 16:42
Great! Happy Programming!

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
DarkDISCUSSION
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2012 20:49
I think he means OSX Lion. Not iOS Lion.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:16:30
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:16:30