Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / DarkBasic Internet Game Publisher

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Now there is a new way to publish your game for others to join. Grab a friend and go to http://www.freewebs.com/pcvault for more info!

300 MHZ, 64 MB RAM, 6.4 GB, 56X CD, WINDOWS XP PRO, 4MB SHARED GRAHPICS MEMORY! I USE THIS PACKARD BELL SYSTEM TO DEVELOP UNDER DARKBASIC. THIS IS A PRETTY FAST MACHINE TO BE AN PACKARD BELL SYSTEM!
WoW is WOW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2003 08:31
Sounds good, though, what if you want to sell your game?
Plus to put it on their database you have to email them. What if your game is big? What if you're using hotmail(can't email attachments bigger than 5mb)?
All these things to consider.
RPG_Freak.
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2003 13:03
5000 members is quite an aspiration. Check out sites like www.xenonaut.com or www.gamehippo.com.

If you get something like that set up I would be happy to be part of the community

Pneumatic Dryll
the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
You may sell you game if you like as long as you post a demo first so , if they like it they can buy.
if you game is big and you want to post it in our webspace, you can first sign up for [href]www.fusemail.com[/href] an email address, that let's you send attachments up to 50mb and it's free. I will add to site if you want to sell you game, but first you must join our forum to do anything. the link is our on main site. [href]www.freewebs.com/pcvault[/href]

300 MHZ, 64 MB RAM, 6.4 GB, 56X CD, WINDOWS XP PRO, 4MB SHARED GRAHPICS MEMORY! I USE THIS PACKARD BELL SYSTEM TO DEVELOP UNDER DARKBASIC. THIS IS A PRETTY FAST MACHINE TO BE AN PACKARD BELL SYSTEM!
Oliver
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2003 20:09 Edited at: 5th Nov 2003 20:09
Sorry, but a freewebs account is not exactly good enough for hosting games. And freewebs does not support any scripting languages to have download counts, votes or anyting interesting. And i'm sure people can create there own website, as your only using a pre-made one by freewebs.

Also I seem to remeber an identical post in another forum, please don't double post!

And stop trying to advertise your forum when theres already about 100 of them! It won't work, I see you already have a total of 1 members!!!

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2003 20:59
Free web hosts are not suiteable for hosting DB games because they do not support file resuming on downloads and only have limited concurrent bandwidth available. This will result in numerous download failures.

They also have limited statistical reporting tools which really are a vital feedback tool in understanding user dynamics and market research. Sounds complicated so I will explain. What I meen is, I know that a large chunk of users come to my site after searching for "space hulk" and "dark omen". Therefor I should write a better Space Hulk game. I can't be bothered, but at least I know what I *should* do

Free web servers also lack scripting tools which prevent the use of useful applets such as the ability for users to rate the games and give instant feedback. Forum replies only reveal so much about what you got right and what you got wrong in a game, seeing a review and comparing the rating to other games helps the authors to determine rapidly what they got right and wrong, and reaches extra users who would not bother with a forum post. Infact, I really must hurry up and implement this on my site

Pneumatic Dryll
Oliver
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2003 21:35
Its not even a program announcement. And you've got the same post in the DB forum!

the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
man if you just give me the chance to tell more. you are going way too fast. who said that i was going to use the freewebs server. i have already have a server at my house up and running. im only using freewebs for the front page.
Quote: "People these days need to learn how to slow down!"

Gateway Select (1.0 GHZ, 128MB ram, 20 gb hard drive, 32 mb nvidia geforce2 mx video card, windows me) will upgrade to xp soon!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:35:23
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:35:23