Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / TGC stopped selling FPSC X10 (just tell me why)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2012 22:27 Edited at: 7th May 2012 01:18
Hi mates !

I can't believe it ! The only thing I needed was € 0.21 more to buy this great game maker, and guess what ?!?!? They stopped selling it ! fpsc X10 was on my buying list for over 15 months !!! I build my own high end game computer worth over € 750 just to get the best out of X10. While I was collecting money for X10 and my computer. I designed a full game including drawings, blueprints and media such as music, textures, and much more. For my game I was planning to make in X10. I'm a very expirienced fpsc user for over 3 years now and wanted to create a game with the great X10.

I was going to buy it on the 8th of May. Now I have just one question: why TGC... why ? Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of The Game Creators because the have great products to start with gamecreation.

so to make a long story short. I'm kinda upset about this. And to the guys who do have X10. You are one lucky bastard .

so to make a good topic on this thread. Why do you think that TGC stopped selling X10 ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Only € 0.21

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 25th Apr 2012 23:01

This is news to me.

I don't really know what to do now...

But to answer your question why, TGC stopped offering support a while ago, I'm sure that sales have declined since (they were declining anyway).

3DS friend code: 0044-2895-5474
Norion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2012 23:09
@ Budokaimen

you're right about the support. Stupid of me I didn't think of that earlier. Thats probely the reason.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2012 23:44
I'm at a loss for words. I can see no logical reason to stop selling it while it still has a small following. Perhaps they'll release it as freeware? I'd contact TGC and see if you can get your hands on a copy; I can't imagine they'd refuse a sale

Cheesehead for life.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
I can see why because as a business it not viable to keep something going when there are no sales.

X10 was a flop at the end of the day for TGC.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 06:23
man i wanted it. maybe they will give it out for free or cheaper price in the future.

http://technowarfareproductions.webs.com/
mkombat1010@gmail.com
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 22:19
Really all TGC had to do was make x10 a basic plugin for x9. A little simple graphic control option. Do you want to use dx9 or dx10? Like every other game out there now adays.

Imho there was no reason to make two seperate engines for one DX. Merge them, and sell one as a plugin, that can either be turned off or on. It would have made TGC a heck of a lot more money.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2012 08:29
just like vista fpscx10 was coming to its end.it was cool why it last but it lost all of it support form both tgc and us. the very few that work on it.

@budokaiman so much for that secret feature. I think now would be a good time to show it off so we all could what could have been.

well i give it by the end of summer to fall. this tread will no longer be here. but it had to happen it had no support with major bugs issues.Im surprise they still sell 3D Gamemaker.lol
plus tgc does support fpscx9 like they use to community of fpscx9 has been updating and bug fixing it.plus since so many people crappy computers its was for the best of the business to stick with fpscx9.so many people still use winxp.lol

fyi TGC is a small group of people running this game making business. as a business you have support on what make you money and what people are going to support and buy. AppGameKit is that new hype.people can make more money putting there game on multiple platforms than just on PC.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2012 08:43 Edited at: 27th Apr 2012 09:11
well this kind of makes me mad, i hope that for those loyal people who purchased the software, that the original updates are still avalable or added to the user account in an exe or somthing,
budo hope you keep the secret feature going and new updates short
term, we are the lucky ones now to have a unique game engine,
guess x9 will be next, perhaps tgc will do the right thing and release a statement here to let us know what is happening,
i hope they will consider releasing it as freeware or somthing
then peoples work wont go to waste as you all know a lot of people
can take this engine forward one way or another, i own nearly all tgc game engines and software, and am disapointed in there decision be it a comercial fail or finacial fail it should not just be scraped. it is still worth using for the small developer
and a great learning tool as well.
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2012 00:45
I am a bit sad. It has been a great product that didn't deserve the attention it should because:

-at the time of release, many computers couldn't run X10
-Vista was pretty much crap

So it didn't get a lot of media or any model packs which only meant sales dropping fast. The marketing for it was also pretty damn terrible.

In hope of reviving X10 a bit, the community should come together, make a X10 model pack, improve the already decent Mystic Mod and release it as a kick in the behind for X10, and try to give it a new start. Hope somebody agrees. My 2 cents.

Vampire Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
I was looking forward to buying X10. But the day before it was stopped. I do hope they bring it back. it had some real potential.

Maybe it was just a test run of it and they might bring out a better version of it like a kind of X10-2
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2012 08:32
Quote: "In hope of reviving X10 a bit, the community should come together, make a X10 model pack, improve the already decent Mystic Mod and release it as a kick in the behind for X10, and try to give it a new start. Hope somebody agrees. My 2 cents."

We should actually work on the community game

Cheesehead for life.
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 18:10
hey, dont worry, there are so many people staying with older progs, fpsc x10 is not dead, only sold-out. it will be dead only when you guys stop working with it.

go on, have fun.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
I totally agree with maho76!

It's dead when the community says it's dead!

I did find the first post very very funny, good job on that!

Continue improving Mystic Mod is all I can say!

Cheers,

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2012 04:05 Edited at: 2nd May 2012 04:10
I'm so sorry to hear that. I am sure that all your pre-work on your game will not go to waste.

I don't want to get any hopes up; but, it is interesting that Lee keeps telling me there is going to be some surprising things in the near future for FPSC. The thing is, he just won't tell me. He must think I have loose lips.

Anyway, I'm sure it won't be for v1.20. It originally was but now it's not. V1.20 is for a definite stabilization before he creates what I am calling the super feature version.

Norion, maybe you can find somebody who is willing to sell their x10 or you can find it used somewhere.

Addendum:

As someone said, I'm sure they sold out of what was left and they decided not to create any more packages of it. I'm all too familiar with that scenario as I have done it and where my wife works that is what will happen. They will sell what is left but once it's gone it's gone.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code . . . reminds me….. if I had one more brain cell, I could have a synapse! woo hoo, Sparky!

~I'm the Terry of the Flatlands.
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2012 19:30
Wow...this sucks.
Worf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2012 20:38
Does that mean that any future model packs wont work in X10?
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2012 19:44
Well, really very few of the existing packs work straight "out of the box" in x10. However, with minimal effort you can make them work. The biggest issue being the use of ps1 and ps2 shaders (which x10 does not support), AI scripts that use different conditions and actions than we use in x10 and MM, and transparency settings. Correcting for those things, most packs will work excepting packs like the Metro Theatre which uses custom ps2 shaders to achieve the water effects. Those will never work in x10 unless some shader guru comes along and decides to write us a bunch of ps4 shaders (formatted in x10s weird way of handling them). In other words, grabbing a ps4 shader from Nvidia's site will not work without reformatting.
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2012 18:17
It was bound to happen sooner or later tbh... But it doesn't mean anything has really changed for those of us who a fortunate enough to own the product.. and you never know with the excellent work Boku has done so far... we may just become a exclusive group of dev now with a solid foundation of core members... btw guys never worry about loosing the forums either I have tons of webspace kicking around that we can us if need be to host files and a forum on..
Norion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2012 01:16
@ Red eye

Thanks m8

@ Everybody

Thanks for all the response's

N.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
indeed we are now an exclusive club, with the ability to work in x10 or x9. so really nothing has changed and as long as we keep on going all will be good.

anyway you never know they may bring out an x11 agk fpscreator meaning faster better engine being able to launch on multi platforms now that would be worth moving to

till then i will remain x10

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 21:37 Edited at: 9th May 2012 23:36
nvm

http://technowarfareproductions.webs.com/
mkombat1010@gmail.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Norion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 22:18
@ Kingofmk98

I wish you were right

N.

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 13:46
I've been told by Lee the answer to this, X10 was discontinued due to TGC running out of stock, he said that they are planning to make a downloadable version soon, so there is still hope for you Norion

-TZK

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 22:53
So glad there's going to be a downloadable version. $70 a pop can surely pay for the server space

Cheesehead for life.
Norion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2012 01:28
@ Zombie Killer

I'm glad to here that, thank you very much .

N.

Radgravity
Years of Service
User Offline
I was going to by the X10 but when it dropped I had to by the lower FPSC.. Which isn't exactly up to scratch imo

//
Radgravity
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2012 21:48 Edited at: 29th Jun 2012 21:49
Can't they make the x10 characters&weapons X9 compatible and release them as an MP?

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
mnemonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2012 03:12
Quote: "-at the time of release, many computers couldn't run X10
-Vista was pretty much crap
"

That gave me another though of why it was a finacial failure - The timing was wrong. Maybe if such an engine was released now it would sell better since almost very computer can run DX10 in these times

www.memblockgames.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:22:28
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:22:28