Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Using "for" in variable name reads as a for loop

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2012 04:29 Edited at: 28th Apr 2012 04:35
DBPro - Using any word beginning with "for" at the beginning of a line of code automatically makes a for loop after hitting enter to go to the next line.
Examples:

In each case, it automatically adds next thinking you've made a for loop. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this.

P.S.
Add DBPro to the front of the thread name, please.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 28th Apr 2012 06:40
I am no genius but you could state your editor and versions...

danctodd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2012 07:01 Edited at: 28th Apr 2012 07:14
A bit tired. Been proof-reading. Give me some credit for at least being able to type. I am using DarkBasic Pro 7.5 with the default editor(Synergy).

Doubt this adds anything to it, but using Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

Also, though I can't reproduce it now, I'll hit enter between the start of a loop or function to place something else to my code and it will produce another closing statement.
Example:
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2012 14:14
Ah right... You can disable that in options...

I use the RC 7.7 which has the same feature... Not much a bug more a feature that is set to enabled by default...

Check options...

danctodd
Years of Service
User Offline
I was looking at options. There was an option to automatically insert closing block statement. That should only work when you're creating the block statement, not after. And there is still the matter of dbpro thinking anything starting with the letters "for" is a for loop. It isn't a big deal.
I believe dbpro is in the hands of the users now, anyhow, correct? Or may there still be a random update in the near future?
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2012 21:01
If you pop over to the DBPro board you will see a thread at the top called umm top three bugs or something ... Sorry on phone right now... But in that thread you will see that Lee is working on a new patch/release...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:48:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:48:19