Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / lwgjl used for C++/Java easy opengl commands, could be used for agk?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2012 17:18 Edited at: 2nd May 2012 19:30
Hello, I have been working a little on java and C++ to create 3D objects. I know the 1.07 update came out, and I love it! I thank you everyone for putting in my requested command openbrowser(url). The thing is I have been working hard on figuring out how to move cameras, make cubes, sphere's, pyramids, lines and matrix with the lwgjl library. I will post the java source code if requested, but for now you can look at the lwgjl and see if it will interfere with the other opengl commands implemented into agk (java wise aka android).

http://www.lwjgl.org/download.php

there are tons of tutorials on this and it makes opengl 5X times easier to work with java. (C++ with my own commands)

P.S. and thank you for the other commands! and here is a cool video with importing an object with lwgjl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izKAvSV3qk0&feature=youtu.be

edit: I said before that lwjgl is for c++ and java, well it is only for java (sorry), but I do have opengl programs with c++ (that's what got me confused).

sov the game creator!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
sovr, have you tried using lwjgl & agk together? does it work?
sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2012 19:26 Edited at: 2nd May 2012 19:28
The lwjgl should be able to work with android tier 2, tier 1 I have no idea and I got my own C++ opengl to work with for ios and macOS tier 2. I have a few things to do with the c++ code first. If you want java code I got it, I will add it as a download in a little bit. I personally do not work with the android devices, but I know it is with java programming.

sov the game creator!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
so lwjgl is only java?

i am mostly interested in iOS!

however i heard that agk may get 3d before end of year!!!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2012 19:53
LWJGL stands for Light Weight Java OpenGL. In fact it the exact same technology Minecraft used to garner millions of users, and the same technology we have used for our Java Browser Engine of AppGameKit

We have always intended to support a full 3D command set, which is why we chose an OpenGL framework, so we could expand to include all the 3D commands you know and love from DBP land (well, most of them).

First, we want to get a great stable and capable 2D experience for AppGameKit across all the main platforms, and then we can look at whole new feature sets.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for great info.

i'm not that much interested in 3d myself, i would prefer agk to get a solid 2d commandset first.
sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2012 20:37 Edited at: 2nd May 2012 20:38
I do like the java applet stuff... but I would just die to get an AGK.jar just for java applications. I guess the C++ is alright, but I prefer java applications. I know one day agk will take over dbpro (I hope, I love dbpro but agk is becoming something better). I agree with getting a strong 2D command set first, but I just can't wait for 3D, lol.

edit: wait how exactly are you doing the java browser? is it an agk.jar you import and then do an applet? or is it just a universal agk.jar for anything java?

@bjadams If you understand opengl well you can just go into tier 2 import opengl and program it from there. I do not know if you have to do in the c++ file or within the cocoa touch/object-c programming.

sov the game creator!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
i don't have a sound knowledge of ogl that's why i use agk!!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:05:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:05:09