Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Activemovie window popup problem solved (at last!)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 21:41
Hello coders:

For as long as I can remember I have had a problem with animations playing in a pop-up activemovie window rather than in Dbpro itself.
There are a few threads on this on the forum but no satisfactory solution.
I sat down this evening and went through all the codecs on my machine until I found the problem which I share here with you.
No guarantees that it will work for you but you may be able to track your problem down using this method.
(I'm using 64 bit win 7 with the K-lite codec pack x64 btw, but this should work for all versions

If you are running this pack, or think you might be, in Start> All Programs> K-Lite codec pack x64> Tools> there is a codec tweak tool.
Run this and select Manage Directshow Filters.

This will list all the currently installed (active, de-active and incorrectly installed) filters.

I went through each codec disabling them one by one until, low and behold, the video actually played in DBPro and not that bloody activemovie window

The one that was causing my problem was:
DivX Demux Filter [directshowdemuxfilter.dll]

I don't know if it installed incorrectly (it was reported as being ok) or is just "no good" for my machine but I'm happy to report that things seems to be running fine at the moment.
I can finally watch animations on screen rather than a window under my running program.

Oh Joy, a for me then

I do hope this helps someone as Google wasn't much help.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
All we need now is a way to disable that codec on another computer when a program is shared.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 9th May 2012 22:22 Edited at: 9th May 2012 22:24
Bag and tag...

Just attach a readme with known issues listing... Let the end user patch it... Its how I did my old games ... Damn miss the old days...

EDIT

No idea what happened to that word...

Adrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2012 01:35
Quick update for you, same problem on my partner's PC. Activemovie window appearing on DBPro. Installed K-lite pack and it removed the Win 7 Codecs and now that machine works correctly too. (That was also Win 7 64 bit)

It's also worked on XP pro (32 bit) with SP3.
I think I have finally solved this - for me at least.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 14:20:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 14:20:05