Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK 1072 : DeleteNetworkClient doesn't work ?

Author
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2012 07:13
Hello

It seems after having the client disconnected from the host server and clients notified (GetNetworkClientDisconnected=1), i can't remove the disconnected client from my client list with the command DeleteNetworkClient....

i never tried it before the actual version .. so maybe it's an old issue ...

someone else has this problem ?

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2012 10:13
I have this problem too with my small abandoned mmorpg. Not sure if it's just AppGameKit problem.

Follow me on twitter! @kamac496
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2012 16:04
... i don't understand ... now it seems to work (i'm now in 1073)... I have not changed anything lol

Is there any verification when deleting a client ? very strange ....
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2012 17:38
This command has not changed in version 107, what exactly happened when it "didn't work"?

When that command is called the client isn't immediately deleted, but instead it is marked for deletion. Then when the network code which is on a different thread gets around to it the client is removed from the list. There is no harm in calling DeleteNetworkClient() multiple times on the same client.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2012 02:41 Edited at: 15th May 2012 02:47
Maybe the MSG ID 4 was not well sent by my TCP Server ... although it was well marked as Disconnected with the GetNetworkClientDisconnected command. but calling the DeleteNetworkClient has never removed it from client list ... (and it was doing the same thing with a "clean" AppGameKit app server)..

i can't explain it and i can't reproduce it.. it works well now..

EDIT: maybe i had a problem while sending an incorrect player ID along the msg ID 4 ... so ..maybe it has caused unpredictable results ...?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 12:49:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 12:49:53