Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Still an Android Player (1073) Rotation Problem.

Author
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2012 03:51
I still have an orientation problem (staying in portrait mode despite the orientation of my devices) with the android player since the version 107. i have deleted any previous sources version, clean everything (ndk, eclipse project etc)... and no way ...

I followed different posts but i can't resolve the problem.

other details in he Android section :

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=196503&b=46&msg=2349384#m2349384
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know if it used to work, but I have never had the orientation work properly if I lock it to landscape. The text entry always comes up in portrait, or worse still not at all :s Surely this should be a fairly easy bug to fix?

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2012 04:31
If you are compiling in eclipse you can change the orientation in the AndroidManifest.xml file by setting screenOrientation="sensorLandscape". If you are just in tier 1 using SetOrientationAllowed(0,0,1,1) then there is good news for the future as I'm currently investigating a way of making the app a proper landscape app by using this command.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2012 05:19
I'm using Tier1, and it's strange... i was sure that it worked before with old versions before 1070 ... it worked like the iOS player (rotating well in live) no ? i have never noticed any difference on my android devices and iOS devices before ...

but it's a good news if you're working on it !
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Good news indeed! You can substitute the keyboard entry with an alternative, but for some things you just want to be able to type! I also have noticed the accelerometer seems to have issues with getdirection. Using getdirectionangle works ok though, so have used that instead.

polomint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2012 09:02
I agree with DV, I changed all my code to use GetDirectionAngle(), and it all works as expected in Tier1 and 2 now,

Blackberry App Development & ZX Spectrum Game Development.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Paul will REAL landscape mode be also implemented on iOS or only on android?
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2012 13:17
I've never had issues with landscape apps? They've all worked fine.

I live for video games! (And beers, and football, and cars!)
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2012 16:19
Quote: "I've never had issues with landscape apps? They've all worked fine."

Things like the keyboard would always appear in portrait since the app was a fixed portrait app that draw things sideways for landscape. Now it will be a proper landscape app so the keyboard will also be landscape.

Quote: "will REAL landscape mode be also implemented on iOS or only on android?"

I'm attempting to do the same on iOS, but no promises.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 14:15:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 14:15:32