Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / How should I develop games for living? I'm worry for earning enough money to live.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2012 19:01
In Miracrea studio, we have good game designer, good artists, and I have been programmer for five years. But the income from selling games can't support our lives. just one or two hundreds for a month.

I'm worry that I'll have no money to buy food several months later.So the first thing, please give me some advice, to make a living. I don't want to be hungry for lacking of money.

We developed a Tank Game(windows version), Hold Ball, Fruit Warriors, Oriental Beauty(spot the difference), Happy Bubble.

I'll put the tank game in iOS device, it will support wifi and internet network.

btw: is there any company to find a team to develop games? I need to increase the income.

The Miracrea Games
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Making money from apps is a very hard thing to do, most people do not use it as a primary source of income but rather some extra money on the side. From what I've seen your studio creates good games but you'll need to market them a bit more... try going on various websites and posting about them (or purchasing ads like google adsense etc.) I do not have much personal experience with making money this way but I hope this helps.

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2012 10:20
Seriously halley, this should've been in Geek Culture..

The fact is, that if you want to earn properly, you need to spend about 20.000$-80.000$ on promoting your game (first page in featured games on itunes)

Follow me on twitter! @kamac496
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 17th May 2012 11:24
Halley... I do other services on top of jumping i to game/software development and my main source of income is websites...

Oh and the occasional computer build...

Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2012 12:03
Halley, I know your graphics artists are very talented, so why not offer to make graphics for the games people here on the forum are making? If there is a way to pay for it, (Paypal?), I'm sure people would be interested.

Maybe TGC need some graphics? Maybe you could make spritepacks, and sell them through the TGC store?

Until you make a top app, that everyone wants, you need to do other work alongside making your own apps. Maybe make apps for other people.

You can also make tutorials on anything game related, and sell them online.

----------------
AGK user - novice
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's, just started programming again with AGK.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2012 12:04
Halley, yes this should be in Geek Culture not the showcase forum. Could a Mod move it maybe?

I'm having a little trouble with my email at the moment so I'm not sure you got my email, let me know if you didn't get it, I seem to receive emails OK.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Have you considered attempting in game purchasable items? If you could get it working it could be a great revenue earner. I think all my other ideas have already been covered here by prior posts, so no point re iterating them. Good luck, I'm sure time will help increase your revenue from those apps, and new ones you make! I am also hoping to try to earn a living from app making, but know it will be a slow process to begin with.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2012 07:09 Edited at: 18th May 2012 07:11
. Just keep programming Until you find something better. What else is there to do . Food bah how needs it.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps.
Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase.
Veterian for the military.
halley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2012 09:12
Thanks all people here. I'll try my best to make wonderful games.

The Miracrea Games
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2012 05:50
I am thinking about doing volunteer work tell I find a job. At the VA hospital. They told me that they could help me better if I lived close by. I probably fix there computers, but I can use that volunteer job to promote my apps to the workers at the hospitial.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps.
Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase.
Veterian for the military.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2012 10:46
Halley...
First of all be patient.
You will have to build a name for your company on itunes.
Make a bunch of free small quality apps that get people intrested in your paying apps.
After a while so will they start to sell.
Maybe lower the price as its flooded with low priced quality apps on itunes if you take an closer look.
Itunes and android market is not the golden path new devs think today.
Try to port your apps to other supported platforms in agk like blackberry or bada etc.
Spread your wings and be not to focused on only ios devices.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 11:20
Making a good game that many people enjoy is very difficult as well. There are few games that really do well and so many that doesn't. And there are games that I don't get how so many people can like them. But it is a market that gets harder and harder to stand out in. No matter how good your game looks or how well you market it, if people don't like it they won't buy it. A good game will have people recommending it to others.

IGDTools
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Halley - best thing for you to do it get your game known, like others have said.. create a twitter account if you don't already have one, and promote it within the #games #indiegame #gaming etc groups, maybe do a few competitions to to encourage people to look at your game, and follow you.

If you also follow: @igdmag on Twitter, and send them a direct message they will mention your game on their website, and may include it in their magazine for free.

It may take a bit of time, but you have to put in a bit of effort and time to promote your games and studio without spending any money.

[href]www.2dguihud.com[/href]
Indie Game Developer Tools
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 21st May 2012 20:24
Quote: "IGDTools "

Quote: "create a twitter account"

Quote: "halley

Nuff said...