Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Tier 2, Windows 64, VS2010 problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Not sure what I did wrong, but I installed the wizard (THANKS!), ran the wizard to created a new AppGameKit project. But I get the error:

"Error 1 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'AGK.h': No such file or directory d:\sc\agk_wizard1\agk_wizard1\main.h 9 1 AGK_Wizard1"

I have installed the AppGameKit trial and I know that agk.h is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGKTrial\IDE\common\include

Not sure what I did wrong....

thanks!
roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, looked further. my agk directory was installed to agk_trial. I reinstalled it under AGK. Now it finds everything. How do I uninstall the AppGameKit in agk_trial?
Now I get a whole bunch of linker errors, here are a few...:

Error 1 error LNK2005: __initp_misc_invarg already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj) d:\sc\AGK_Wizard1\AGK_Wizard1\LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) AGK_Wizard1
Error 2 error LNK2005: __call_reportfault already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj) d:\sc\AGK_Wizard1\AGK_Wizard1\LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) AGK_Wizard1
Error 3 error LNK2005: __set_invalid_parameter_handler already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj) d:\sc\AGK_Wizard1\AGK_Wizard1\LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) AGK_Wizard1
Error 4 error LNK2005: __get_invalid_parameter_handler already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj) d:\sc\AGK_Wizard1\AGK_Wizard1\LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) AGK_Wizard1
Error 5 error LNK2005: __invoke_watson already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj) d:\sc\AGK_Wizard1\AGK_Wizard1\LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) AGK_Wizard1
Error 6 error LNK2005: "void __cdecl _invoke_watson(unsigned short const *,unsigned short const *,unsigned short const *,unsigned int,unsigned int)" (?_invoke_watson@@YAXPBG00II@Z) already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj) d:\sc\AGK_Wizard1\AGK_Wizard1\LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) AGK_Wizard1
Error 7 error LNK2005: __invalid_parameter already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj) d:\sc\AGK_Wizard1\AGK_Wizard1\LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) AGK_Wizard1
Error 8 error LNK2005: "void __cdecl _invalid_parameter(unsigned short const *,unsigned short const *,unsigned short const *,unsigned int,unsigned int)" (?_invalid_parameter@@YAXPBG00II@Z) already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj) d:\sc\AGK_Wizard1\AGK_Wizard1\LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) AGK_Wizard1
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2012 19:24
You should be able to find the AppGameKit Trial under installed programs (as something like "App Game Kit Trial") using:
Windows 7: Start->Control Panel->Programs and Features, right click on it and then select uninstall from the pop up menu
Windows XP: Start->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs, click on it and click on the 'Remove' or 'Change/Remove' button

This should not affect your full AppGameKit installation. If it does, just reinstall again and it should be good (and it won't wipe out any of your projects, just overwrite the examples).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! It seems to get past the path problem, now it has a problem in the linker...
I now set it up to ignore LIBCMTD.lib (i am debug building right now).
But I still have 115 link errors. They all look similar. Here is the first one:

Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__PrintDlgA@4 referenced in function "public: void __thiscall AGK::cImage:rint(float)" (?Print@cImage@AGK@@QAEXM@Z) d:\sc\AGK_Wizard2\AGK_Wizard2\AGKWindows.lib(WindowsCore.obj) AGK_Wizard2
polomint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2012 11:47
I believe that I went into my project properties and added an extra search location which pointed to the folder with AGKWindow.lib in.

Blackberry App Development & ZX Spectrum Game Development.
roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, i made some changes based on the forum. but, i am still getting the following errors:

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__PrintDlgA@4 referenced in function "public: void __thiscall AGK::cImage:rint(float)" (?Print@cImage@AGK@@QAEXM@Z) d:\sc\testAGK\testAGK\AGKWindows.lib(WindowsCore.obj) testAGK
Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CommDlgExtendedError@0 referenced in function "protected: static bool __cdecl AGK::agk:latformChooseFile(class AGK::uString &,char const *)" (?PlatformChooseFile@agk@AGK@@KA_NAAVuString@2@PBD@Z) d:\sc\testAGK\testAGK\AGKWindows.lib(WindowsCore.obj) testAGK
Error 3 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetOpenFileNameA@4 referenced in function "protected: static bool __cdecl AGK::agk:latformChooseFile(class AGK::uString &,char const *)" (?PlatformChooseFile@agk@AGK@@KA_NAAVuString@2@PBD@Z) d:\sc\testAGK\testAGK\AGKWindows.lib(WindowsCore.obj) testAGK
Error 4 error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals d:\sc\testAGK\Release\\testAGK.exe testAGK

can anyone make a suggestion?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2012 04:30
Did you update the library path to be <tgc>/AGK/IDE/platform/windows/Lib/VS2010/<Debug/Release>?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
when I updated the library path to
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK\IDE\platform\windows\Lib\VS2010\Release, I now get 216 warnings and 106 errors. examples of the warnings and errors:

Error 217 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__PrintDlgA@4 referenced in function "public: void __thiscall AGK::cImage:rint(float)" (?Print@cImage@AGK@@QAEXM@Z) d:\sc\testAGK\testAGK\AGKWindows.lib(WindowsCore.obj) testAGK
Error 218 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CommDlgExtendedError@0 referenced in function "protected: static bool __cdecl AGK::agk:latformChooseFile(class AGK::uString &,char const *)" (?PlatformChooseFile@agk@AGK@@KA_NAAVuString@2@PBD@Z) d:\sc\testAGK\testAGK\AGKWindows.lib(WindowsCore.obj) testAGK
Error 219 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetOpenFileNameA@4 referenced in function "protected: static bool __cdecl AGK::agk:latformChooseFile(class AGK::uString &,char const *)" (?PlatformChooseFile@agk@AGK@@KA_NAAVuString@2@PBD@Z) d:\sc\testAGK\testAGK\AGKWindows.lib(WindowsCore.obj) testAGK
Error 220 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl std::_Xlength_error(char const *)" (?_Xlength_error@std@@YAXPBD@Z) d:\sc\testAGK\testAGK\AGKWindows.lib(DataMask.obj) testAGK
Error 221 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl std::_Xlength_error(char const *)" (?_Xlength_error@std@@YAXPBD@Z) d:\sc\testAGK\testAGK\AGKWindows.lib(ECI.obj) testAGK
Error 222 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl std::_Xlength_error(char const *)" (?_Xlength_error@std@@YAXPBD@Z) d:\sc\testAGK\testAGK\AGKWindows.lib(CharacterSetECI.obj) testAGK
Error 223 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl std::_Xlength_error(char const *)" (?_Xlength_error@std@@YAXPBD@Z) d:\sc\testAGK\testAGK\AGKWindows.lib(StringUtils.obj) testAGK
Error 224 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl std::_Xlength_error(char const *)" (?_Xlength_error@std@@YAXPBD@Z) d:\sc\testAGK\testAGK\AGKWindows.lib(ErrorCorrectionLevel.obj) testAGK
Error 225 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl std::_Xlength_error(char const *)" (?_Xlength_error@std@@YAXPBD@Z) d:\sc\testAGK\testAGK\AGKWindows.lib(Mode.obj) testAGK
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2012 15:54
Can you display the start of the list of errors? Sometimes that will indicate the main problem.

And the ones you just put up look like they relate to non-AGK issues.

Did you uninstall the AGKTrial using the Windows uninstall feature?

And did you delete any residual directories?

Did you also update your include path to <tgc>/AGK/IDE/common/Include to make sure you are using the right set of headers?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
I cannot figure out how to uninstall. Running windows 7 64bit Home premium. AppGameKit does not appear in programs and features. Looking at TheGameCreators in published, all I have is Cartography shop and DarkGDK.net. How can I uninstall? You know what, it does not even appear in my program lists. I have to search for it to run the AppGameKit environment itself. You are right, I bet this is the root cause!

So, How do I uninstall all the AppGameKit (trials and purchased), and then start over installing everything again so it is "registered" correctly?

thanks!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2012 22:09 Edited at: 23rd May 2012 22:10
If you don't see 'App Game Kit' in the program list, then you cannot use the standard uninstall.

The most recent installer for v1074 does not appear to register anything, so it cannot be uninstalled using the standard methods (they will be fixing that eventually).

You may need to manually edit your environment to make sure that references to AppGameKit Trial are gone. But that may not be the problem.

I discovered the following relatively recently.

Assuming you are working with the Release build configuration, you may need to add '%(AdditionalDependencies);' (without the quotes) to the end of the Configuration Properties->Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies value.

In the template project, that exists for the Debug configuration, but is missing in the Release one.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, but did not seem to help adding the additional dependency....
It is weird that it works for everyone but me. Kinda feel left out

Not sure where to go from here. Can you tell me how to make sure I have all the remnants of the trial removed?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2012 00:03
Please note that changing environmental variables incorrectly may cause all sorts of things to stop working properly.

Look for environment variables (a possible culprit):
1. Open a command prompt window (Start->All Programs->Accessories->Command prompt)
2. Type 'set' (without quotes) and hit the enter key
3. Look for anything that says AGKTrial (regardless of case)

Make a list and post it here, and we'll go from there.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I decided to delete the AppGameKit directory under C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators and then reinstall.
I created a new Project. I am building DEBUG.
I have left the "Platform Toolset" at V100. I changed the "Additional Library Directories" from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK\IDE\platform\windows\Lib\Debug

TO:

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK\IDE\platform\windows\Lib\VS2010\Debug

I still get the following errors:

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CommDlgExtendedError@0 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall AGK::cImage::ChooseFromSystem(void)" (?ChooseFromSystem@cImage@AGK@@QAE_NXZ) d:\sc\GameTest\GameTest\AGKWindows.lib(WindowsCore.obj) GameTest
Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetOpenFileNameA@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall AGK::cImage::ChooseFromSystem(void)" (?ChooseFromSystem@cImage@AGK@@QAE_NXZ) d:\sc\GameTest\GameTest\AGKWindows.lib(WindowsCore.obj) GameTest
Error 3 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__PrintDlgA@4 referenced in function "public: void __thiscall AGK::cImage:rint(float)" (?Print@cImage@AGK@@QAEXM@Z) d:\sc\GameTest\GameTest\AGKWindows.lib(WindowsCore.obj) GameTest
Error 4 error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals d:\sc\GameTest\Debug\\GameTest.exe 1 1 GameTest

I cant help but feel I am close, I just cant get past these last 3 errors. Any Ideas?

thanks!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2012 00:27
Try looking through the project properties to see if there is anywhere using relative directories.

Since your project is apparently on your D: drive and your AppGameKit setup is on C: (and I'll bet your VS2010 is as well), any relative directories will mess you up.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
Hazaaahh!!!
OK, got my first program to compile link and run.
The last step I did to make it run was to add
Comdlg32.lib
to the Addition Dependencies under linker.

SO, to summarize all the changes I make to get a VS2010 project to compile and run:

I changed the "Additional Library Directories" from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK\IDE\platform\windows\Lib\Debug/Release

TO:

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK\IDE\platform\windows\Lib\VS2010\Debug/Release

and

add Comdlg32.lib to the Addition Dependencies under linker.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Can you post this solution to the BUGS board, maybe they can fix the VS project for the next release.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2012 01:00
Congratulations!

Happy Programming!

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 07:17:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 07:17:41