Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Code Completion Missing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2012 23:56
Mr Bamber

Would it be possible to implement code completion in Tier 1? There is an option under Edit->Code Complete

But it seems to do little. It would be nice if it picked up the types so when accessing Type Items in an array the code completion kicks in::

Also, could we extend the type to use encapsulation and object orientation?....at least so that a type could have its own private and public access complete with its own methods and functions.

Also....yes I know want want want....any chance of implementing lists so we could than have a list of <MyClass>.

It must be possible as Monkey uses it and makes large projects cleaner, easier to debug and manage....

Any chances?

All my love x

Constantly seeking!
polomint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2012 11:44
I can never get code completion to work in T1, it just says "The parser is still parsing files...", although that is with using 1065. I can't use the newer versions yet until PB support is done for the player (and T2 heh).

Blackberry App Development & ZX Spectrum Game Development.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Daddy, how about considering C++ and using T2? You already have all those options ready for you there!
The Daddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2012 16:09
Yes have downloaded VS10 express but was unable to get anything to compile?? Loads of errors firstly about ATL lib which I removed then an issue with GetConsoleWindow.....as I was knew to VS It was a little overwhelming...I would love to use code blocks but there does not seem to be an AGKWindows.a, only AGKWindows.Lib which will not work with Mingw32???

Tried to convert it using various tools but got more confused by the second!!!

Any ideas or paths forward much appreciated. Have been using Tier one to get the hang of commands etc but there are quite a few errors\items missing...Code Completion, no debugger etc etc...getting a little frustrated.....v tempted to jump over to Monkey!>>>???

Constantly seeking!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Daddy, seems like Monkey already has Xbox support and there is already some experimental Playstation Suite support.

I didn't know it was based on Blitz (which I have used in the Amiga days)... as soon as I have some time I will investigate it more thoroughly.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2012 17:02
Monkey does XNA, HTML5, Os X, iOS, GLFW, Android, PSS, Native C++, Amiga OS, and more. That's because the parsed code is converted through a series of tools called Trans - one for each target, and you can add more targets. One guy has nearly completed a Python back-end!

It is from the Blitz stable.

-- Jim
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the info Jim Hawkins.

I don't like this parsing method they use. That's what is currently holding me back from buying it straight away. One will have to learn the pseudo c/basic language they use, and get stuck with it.

i wish they would have adopted native libs like tgc have done with t2.

but you can't have all...
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2012 02:10
This isn't really the forum to discuss Monkey. Personally, I think the language is elegant. There's no such thing as a pseudo-language (except in abstract terms). Just ways of expressing the problem.

You can use the ghastly ugliness of C++ if you wish!¬

-- Jim

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 14:17:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 14:17:46