Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Pascal to AppCentre

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2012 00:03
Hi all,

I have Tier 1 Working and broadcasting...lots of fun!

I have AppGameKit Pascale (with Lazarus) Working but would like to know if an app written in Lazarus using AppGameKit pascal could be compiled to an app ready to submit to Apples App's (Providing one has the required Apple License?)

Also, Tries Tier two under both C::B and Visual Studio Express 10. C::B no go??? VS10 kept giving me errors regarding the ATL lib?? Any ideas.

Constantly seeking!
polomint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2012 11:41
I vaguely remember some people on here saying to comment out any #include lines that relate to the atl lib.

Blackberry App Development & ZX Spectrum Game Development.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2012 11:45
I'm sure there must be a way to sign it. Don't have a Mac here yet, but I'm sure Erik will advise.

-- Jim
Neslib
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2012 21:23
Some people on this form have suggested that you need Xcode to create Mac Store compliant applications. I don't know if this is entirely true.

All I can find in the Mac App Store Review Guidelines (login required) related to this is this:

2.14 Apps must be packaged and submitted using Apple's packaging technologies included in Xcode - no third party installers allowed

I read this is that Xcode is not required, as long as the application is packaged using the same technology is used in Xcode. I am not sure if FreePascal/Lazarus does this, or if there are some tools to do this for Pascal executables. I will need to do some research on this.

Note that you don't necessarily need Lazarus to build Pascal applications. You can also use Xcode for this. In fact, to build iOS applications with AppGameKit for Pascal, you need to use Xcode. You could do the same thing for Mac applications. Maybe I will create a template for this. In that case, it will probably still be easier to develop and debug using Lazarus, and only use Xcode for the final "Mac Store Compliant" build.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2012 21:59
Xcode handles Pascal?!? Way cool!

I used to love some of the things I could do in Pascal that you just cannot in other languages. Like creating arrays with indexes like -1 to 50.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Xcode = Obj C & C++ only
Neslib
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2012 00:48
Quote: "Xcode = Obj C & C++ only"

That's true if you use Xcode as a compiler.

You can use Xcode with Free Pascal however. In that case, Xcode will run the Free Pascal compiler (through a script) and than perform the additional packaging and code signing. That is how you use AppGameKit for Pascal to create iOS applications.

If you want to look at some details, then open up one of the AppGameKit for Pascal samples in Xcode (there is an Xcode project for each sample). This is what is different from ObjC/C++ projects: Under "Build Settings" there is a group with "User-Defined" properties. You will find all the compiler options here that are passed to the Free Pascal compiler. Also, under "Build Phases" there is a "Run Script" section that runs the Free Pascal compiler using the specified compiler options. This is a standard script and you don't really have to worry about how it works.

Even though Xcode does not natively understand Free Pascal, you can still use it for debugging. For example, you can place breakpoints in the Pascal code and then run inside Xcode. However, it is usually easier to debug with Lazarus.

See this page for more info on using Free Pascal with Xcode.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2012 02:00 Edited at: 23rd May 2012 02:02
@bjadams - that is NOT TRUE! XCode is an IDE and can host a variety of compilers, including Free Pascal, Lisp, APL, Forth and just about anything else you can name.

@Ancient Lady - I still find Pascal (particularly modern versions like FPC and Delphi) more productive than any other language I've used over a long period of time. It's clean and readable - well written it's self-documenting. Sets are extremely powerful because they remove lots of iterative code.

-- Jim
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2012 02:45
I am going to have to explore this. It has great potential for satisfying programming.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 23:01:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 23:01:54