Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / My App Crashed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2012 04:22
Can someone tell me what this status is. It appears to be a editor problem. If I Rem out a line of code it runs. It can be any line of code and it will work. I am using V 1074

Dennis

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
No, no, noooo... Lol, that's an old horrid bug that was squashed awhile back. I haven't seen it thankfully in an age. Is you code fairly large? Do you use any particular command a lot? Those used to be some of the believed causes at the time.

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2012 06:43
I don't think it is a large file. Here is the file that is causing the problem I think.

I have two include files and the main and setup

Dennis

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2012 20:17
OK I found the Problem

If you ever get this status report.

Check your sprite size. I was adding sprites animation and in the width and height I put W 96 and H 96 that's what I had for all. Here comes the BUT! I had resized one image. 96 by 96 to 48 by 48. I changed that line of code to 48 by 48 and All is right with the world once again.

Dennis

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, odd one that, I noticed image sizes were being sized incorrectly on android at the min (too small), but that one is odd. You should be able to scale a sprite up to any size theoretically. Perhaps scaling/sizing above a certain percentage causes that old error. At least you have solved it!

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2012 21:33
The thing was I did resize it but I put the wrong size in for the image I was thinking it was 96 by 96 but it was 48 by 48. agk was trying to set frames 96 by 96 and the image was only 48 by 48. Once I put in the correct size of the image there was no problem.

Dennis

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
Pilz X Schizo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2012 23:31
Started getting this error today, was using 1074, so upgraded to the new 1075. That did not fix the problem.

There really does not seem to be a reason for this. I add a line of code and it starts throwing this error, if I comment it out it works fine. A few times I left it commented and just kept going on with the rest of the program and then came back to it un-commented it and starts working again. Seems very odd.

Is there a solution for this besides what DennisW suggested? This is starting to get very anoying.
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2012 20:01
Maybe you could post the code that is giveing the problem

Dennis

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
Pilz X Schizo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2012 04:54
It does not seem to be anything with the actual code itself. It will give this error with anything at any random time. My only solution for now is to comment out the last line I entered continue on with a few more lines of code then go back and un-comment and then it works. It is not the best solution, but at least I can make it work, would be good to know if there is a better way to get rid of that error.

I would post my code, but the project is over 2,000 lines and like I said it just throws that error at a random time on my last line of code that was entered.
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2012 05:53
I know that can be very upsetting I used to run in to something like that with DBPRO So what I would do is a cut and past on the last line of code and place it say five lines up or down. At that time I was having editor problems. That helped me for the short term. Much like you are doing by commenting it out. So it looks like I am of no help. If you do find the problem please post. Pilz X Schizo I wish the best of luck.

Dennis

Ham and Eggs Breakfast

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 03:27:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 03:27:28