Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Box2D - sprites slow down after app window resize - issue?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

I discovered that after window resize on Win (VS2010 debug mode) and on iDevice after app folding with Home button, physics sprites slow down significantly. I'm not sure this applies to all physics sprites, but 100% to sprites with velocity driven by ago::SetSpritePhysicsImpulse.

Does anyone can reproduce this?

never give up
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2012 11:10
It could be that you need to setPhysicsScale after a resize. In Tier 1 the window size cannot be altered while the app is running, perhaps there are other issues caused by resizing too?

tornado
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2012 21:19 Edited at: 26th May 2012 10:27
baxslash, it could be, but I cant figure out why iPad home button also affects physics sprites - this makes impossible to restore proper gameplay after folding app to background in iOS 4.2 and above

I'm not so good to xcode|C++ to code home button press to call paused gamestate, no ideas...

UPD: not only trying to resize window in win, but also dragging window title causes the same. I'm confused.

UPD: SOLVED: added StepPhysics() before Sync();

never give up

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 14:18:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 14:18:44