Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / 1075 Sprite width bug when maximizing windowed app

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2012 02:34 Edited at: 26th May 2012 02:36
I started up my app, then maximized the window and noticed I could see the clearcolor background on the sides of my menu images which are supposed to be taking up 100pct of the screen width.

EDIT: This only happens when you maximize the window, it's not evident when the app starts up as a window, and if you go back to a window the problem corrects itself.

I made a small test app to make sure it wasn't a problem with my code.

I've included the test app here for everyone to take a look at.

Once you start the app on windows, maximize the window and it should be self explanatory.

Did something change on 1075 that I need to take into account?

I'm going to be compiling my apps for iOS shortly and checking if the problem exists there too.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2012 03:14
This sounds like it might be a resolution ratio thing.

Is the ratio of the maximum resolution of your Windows the same as the ratio of your images?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Is the ratio of the maximum resolution of your Windows the same as the ratio of your images?"

The images are 960x640 retina resolution. My desktop is 1680x1050.

However I'm using the percentage system and the images should be stretched to 100pct of the screen area when the window is maximized.

Prior to 1075 everything was working correctly, this has only showed up in 1075.
Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
This problem does not show up when running apps on iOS devices.

It seems to be an issue specifically related to windows and maximizing the window.

Not a showstopper, but odd and could be a problem when developing apps on windows and trying to visually check things on an app that starts in a window that you want to maximize.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 01:16:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 01:16:32