Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Orientation Problems in 1075

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
If you use SetOrientationAllowed(0,0,1,1) to only allow landscape orientations, and the device is held in portrait orientation when the app is started, it will start in portrait mode regardless of your settings, and stay that way until the device is turned but also seems to have a set amount of time before it allows the device to have control of the orientation.

If you have something that has been loaded and displayed on the screen before control of the orientation is given up, whatever it was is stretched from portrait to landscape width and distorted. (In my case this was a custom loading/splash screen and Made with AppGameKit logo)

I know the orientation control was changed in 1075 to fix the advert problems in landscape, but now it initially ignores your settings.

How can I stop the app from EVER going into portrait mode. Is there something I can edit in the xcode project?
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2012 06:28
Yes i found the same problem. It don't rotate any more.

iPhone/iPad Games/Apps : Street Karate Fighter - 90s VideoPokers Simulator - Ball VS Brick - CB RadioBox - Artic
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2012 12:59 Edited at: 26th May 2012 13:05
I have checked this and it seems that it does not happen on 1074. I think I am going to stick with 1074 for now
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2012 16:16
Ehy BJ how i can get the 1074 again? I've deleted it.
I need help.

iPhone/iPad Games/Apps : Street Karate Fighter - 90s VideoPokers Simulator - Ball VS Brick - CB RadioBox - Artic
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Contact TGC. I am sure that as soon as they verify that you bought AppGameKit they will send you the installer.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2012 18:37
What sort of device are you testing on and how are you getting the app to it? (like android,ios and player,direct connect)

I have the same problem on my Vizio Android device. And it has been much under discussion in this thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=197143&b=41

Naturally, when I'm set to try looking at the last bits discussed, I'm having a major issue on my VPS and have to deal with that today (or customers will suffer).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What sort of device are you testing on and how are you getting the app to it? (like android,ios and player,direct connect) "

I'm testing on both an iPod Touch 4 and an iPad2.

I compile my app as a standalone for the devices in xcode using a mac mini and the iOS template.

In 1074 the unwanted ad clicks was all that was between me and release.

Now the ads work, but the app starts up in the wrong orientation and screws up my loading screen and/or distorts it if the device decides to turn to the proper orientation at some point during the load.

And now this is the only thing between me and release....irony
Marl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2012 23:36 Edited at: 26th May 2012 23:36
I recently had the chance to try my app on the Samsung Galaxy Note.

It's the big brother of my Galaxy S2, so figured it would be smooth sailing, but the orientation was off.

I used the following code to whip up a quick project to try to find the problem.

My S2 reports correctly for all values but the Note doesn't

In both cases, they reported the correct width and height and the app was the right way up - just using the wrong dimensions.

So the solution was blindingly simple - if the width is greater than the height then the device is obviously in landscape

If the rotation is handled internally by AppGameKit, the only thing the program needs to know is if the device is landscape or portrait.

I can't think why we would need to know which landscape or which portrait it is.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I think the new orientation code needs some refinements to get 100% perfect.

It's a good thing that we now have native landscape rather than fake & emulated.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2012 00:10
I haven't tested the reported orientation on my iOS devices.

But I tried a very similar program on my Android, connected via Eclipse, and can report that the actual versus reported orientations are pretty screwed up in v1075.

The same app run in v1074 reported and showed the correct orientations.

I'd say it's definitely a bug in v1075.

Naturally, v1075 actually did fix the click location for ads.

Quote: "I can't think why we would need to know which landscape or which portrait it is. "

I agree in general, as long as the accelerometer reports properly (which it isn't on android in v1075).

Apparently, in iOS, it doesn't mind which landscape (although I use Xcode to specify that it only runs in one orientation), it keeps reporting the accelerometer info correctly.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2012 02:08 Edited at: 27th May 2012 16:08
I've changed the untitledviewcontroller for orientation but there are some other bugs in the 1075.
For example, the view is not more device width and device height on GetRealDeviceWidth and GetRealDeviceHeight.
I think TGC must comunicate what is different in new updates, at least don't delete the last good version.

Anyway i will use the 1074 again or 1054 if no download link will be shown.
If there is someone can help me with a good upload, please send me 1074 MAC Zip.

I know JB was worried about if i purchased the AGK.

Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Do we know if a fix for the orientation issues is in the works yet?
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2012 14:41
Well for iOS i already found a fix from the 1054.
For the other devicei don't know, i only work on Mac/iOS.

Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Well for iOS i already found a fix from the 1054."

I was wondering if Paul is working on an official fix for the next release. I need a fix for the orientation that works with the fixes for the adverts, so the next official release is probably my only option.

What did you do to fix the problem? You used something from 1054?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I think there might be a 1076 sometime soonish
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2012 17:33
Paul is working on something. He posted a download for a file that might help. I haven't had a chance to test it, yet.

His post is near the bottom (above MikeMax's post with a big image):
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=197143&b=41

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 21:23:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 21:23:45