Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Minimum image format

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2012 14:16
Anybody know what is the minimum image bit-size that will load on ALL platforms? I would like to use this to "map" screen regions to specific clickable areas. The image would not be shown, would be the same size as the main screen image, and therefore could be automatically scaled to adjust for various resolutions.

I could use a 2-dimensional array of byte (char) but scaling would require access to the actual scaling algorithm in AGK.

Using an 8-bit image would give a map where any pixel could be 0..255, allowing for no valid region (zero) or the index of an object or event. If you see what I mean! This would be quite powerful for interactive book-style games or exercises, and would save producing loads of sub-images.

-- Jim
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
8bit images work fine with AppGameKit as I use a PNG compressor that compresses images to 8bit when necessary to crunch down byte size. works fine on ios, windows & android. No idea about the other platforms.

However I think that internally all textures are created with 32bit depth.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2012 20:20
Thanks very much!

-- Jim

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 17:33:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 17:33:45