Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Codeblocks lib files?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2012 21:50
Has anyone been able to covert the AGKWindows.lib to a AGKWindows.a so we can use mingw to compile?

Any chance of the dev team doing this?

Tried tier 2 and as I am new to vs10, after seeing a barrage of errors, decided I would rather use codeblocks c++ instead?

Thanks

Constantly seeking!
ChEeZeBaLL
Years of Service
User Offline
I am interested in this as well.

I prefer Code::Blocks over Visual Studio because it's a lot faster and less bloated.

I'd like to use AppGameKit tier 2 with the standard Code::Blocks IDE.
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2012 04:26
Quote: "Has anyone been able to covert the AGKWindows.lib to a AGKWindows.a so we can use mingw to compile? "

You would need to have the source code in order to do that, and I don't think anyone but the development team has that.

Plus, it might not be possible to straight-up switch from MSVC to MinGW. Since MinGW is a port of GCC, it's more strict on standards compliance and compiler extensions than MSVC is and if your code relies on MSVC specific features then it won't compile on MinGW.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 16:34:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 16:34:41