Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Data file locations

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am using data files in my application to keep like a little database. It is actually working pretty good, except I have not been able to see my files in any location I want them to be.

What do I need to do to put them next to my program or in media folder like an image>

thanks
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2012 06:59
Put them in the media folder, or a sub folder within the media folder. If you use opentowrite() the file will be saved in my documents\agk. So you cannot overwrite existing files.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2012 07:05
BTW, if there is a file in the AppGameKit folder will load instead of one with the same name in the media folder. However, this is not the case with the Android player which uses the same folder for both.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2012 15:58
If you are on Windows you can use SetRawWritePath() to change the write path to anywhere on the file system.
TonytheTiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks got it to work, had to move images also with it. Also had to set r/o on images files they kept getting deleted when I would compile. Strange behavior but it is working.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 01:32:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 01:32:22