Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / The elusive tier 2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2012 23:44
Hi all

I am new to VS 10 express, but I load the required solution, compile and get a list of errors as long as mr tickles arms++ ( do you see what I did there?? - yes I have had vodka )

Ironic when the first app in agk pascal (for Lazarus of course) compiled without a single warning.

Does anyone have a test solution they could mail me to see what I am doing wrong OR even better compiled live for mingw.......?

Much love (terry tips circa 2011)

Constantly seeking!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2012 23:58
I think a lot of people would like to see a mingw version, or compatibility. But that doesn't seem to be in the offing (I'm working on tequila myself right now).

What version of AppGameKit are you using? This makes a difference.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
The Daddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 00:10
Hi lady

Yet again you save my binary world......

Agk v1.75 I think......not on the pc at te moment.

I really want to se c++ and it seems to evade me.

Constantly seeking!
The Daddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 00:16
Just read that......not great at typing on the iPad.

I am using v1.75 I believe and really want to use either c++ or object pascal to write games I can submit to apples app centre ( sorry center, lady).

Constantly seeking!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 00:34
Being at your computer wouldn't help much. You have to look at dates of the right files to guestimate which version you have installed. Nothing shows more than majorish version (107).

Can you post the first few errors you are getting? It is usually the first ones that lead to the others.

Off the top of my head, the first thing to check is the path to the AppGameKit libraries you are using.

The templates and projects have the wrong one. You need to add 'VS2010' before 'Debug' or 'Release', and after 'C:\TGC\AGK\IDE\platform\windows\Lib'. Like this: 'C:\TGC\AGK\IDE\platform\windows\Lib\VS2010\Release' instead of 'C:\TGC\AGK\IDE\platform\windows\Lib\Release' as it has it in the projects.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
The Daddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2012 18:15
Arrrggghhhhhhhh....I am going ever so slightly insane with this tier2 mumbo jumbo....

Load the VS2010 Template Solution.....ensure the directories for include and libs are correct but keep getting these errors:

1>------ Build started: Project: AGKPLOP, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(298,5): warning MSB8004: Intermediate Directory does not end with a trailing slash. This build instance will add the slash as it is required to allow proper evaluation of the Intermediate Directory.
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(299,5): warning MSB8004: Output Directory does not end with a trailing slash. This build instance will add the slash as it is required to allow proper evaluation of the Output Directory.
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Platforms\Win32\Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.Targets(147,5): error : Required file "" is missing.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I am beginning to believe what it tells me: 1 FAILED!! DOH!

Heeelllllpppp

Constantly seeking!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2012 18:57 Edited at: 8th Jun 2012 18:58
The two warnings are easily removed by editing the build configurations and adding a backslash. I would also recommend changing '$(SolutionDir)' to '$(ProjectDir)' for the Output Directory in General and Output File in Linker->General. That way the output file is kept with the project and not the solution. You can put many projects in one solution, like the Examples directory. When I first built the entire solution in the Examples directory, every build went into the same directory and it wasn't pretty.

As for the other, I just loaded the v1076 VS210 template and added some code to the loop. Aside from the useless warnings about the atls library in debug build, I had no problem.

Try downloading and installing v1076. It does have some important fixes and that VS2010 template works. Although I am having an issue with the Xcode iOS template (existing issue since v1075).

Also, and most importantly, if you want to submit games to Apple's App center, you must build them (the final product anyway) using Xcode on a Mac. Apple will absolutely NOT accept anything not built on a Mac.

EDIT: And I am totally cool with 'centre'. My hubby is Australian and I had worked in an international environment with many Brits for a long time. And a lot of writers that I read are British, so I am quite used to the 'proper' spelling for many words.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-17 00:27:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-17 00:27:35