Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 14:52
I am writing a game for the Blackberry Playbook (which also might get released for Windows too), and am intending for the screen to be 1024x600, yet for some reason it runs at 640x480 on Windows. I'm probably doing something silly but I just can't see it (had a late night last night, so I'm not quite with it today lol).

I use this to setup display

I'm assuming that the SetOrientationAllowed call is correct also? I want it to start landscape and never rotate no matter what the user does with the tablet,

Blackberry App Development & ZX Spectrum Game Development.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 14:58 Edited at: 4th Jun 2012 14:59
check in core.cpp and set:

#define DEVICE_WIDTH 1024
#define DEVICE_HEIGHT 600
polomint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 15:09
Ahh, thanks, I never noticed that before, working just the way I expect it to now,

Blackberry App Development & ZX Spectrum Game Development.
Ashambles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 21:46
Hmm, I assumed SetDisplayAspect and SetVirtualResolution were mutually exclusive. Are they not? What happens if they're different?

Twitter: MuseHill
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 04:05
Quote: "I assumed SetDisplayAspect and SetVirtualResolution were mutually exclusive. Are they not? What happens if they're different?"

They both affect the same area of the engine, SetVirtualResolution(w,h) changes the aspect to w/h so calling SetDisplayAspect afterwards would override this. SetDisplayAspect is only really useful when using percentage coordinates which uses a virtual resolution of 100,100. Overriding an aspect ratio part way through a program would distort any sprites already created.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 20:10:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 20:10:43